Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

first time calling

myself and edge went out west to some new ground and made 2 stands with my new johnny stewart. stand number 2 at 10 am called in 2 dogs but they came in behind me and edge had to throw rocks at me to let me know so i didnt get a shot but got em in to 70 yards or so. what a blast calling is.

Try it with a hand call too. It is a double rush when you power the call with your own lungs!! Either way, though, a downed coyote is a downed coyote. Hope you can get one soon!

• Like 1

Try it with a hand call too. It is a double rush when you power the call with your own lungs!! Either way, though, a downed coyote is a downed coyote. Hope you can get one soon!

Especially when they come in a sit 5 feet behind you.

Should be titled 'First Time E Calling' We did some calling a while ago with a hand held blower and though I poured my heart and soul into the caller and had to wipe away tears to look thru my rifle scope, nothing came in but a couple scared hikers. Got to wonder if having horse and mule tied up below our stand made a difference.

most likely the horse, mules atract wild game

wild and gamey for sure

Now we just need you to put your big boy pants on and use the caller at night.

So you might get mauled a little, but the pay offs could be big, too.

• Like 1

HAha, ol Mike is a good guy but why the trepidation? He's got good insurance and I'll keep him covered with my 12ga. Oh and there's always a roll of vet wrap and bag balm in my saddle bags.

No guts no glory. Or is it, Lots of Guts, Lots of Gory?

Just wait till you get on a dry streak. Its not that fun anymore but the anticipation is still there.

i can see that, the cool thing about it for me is i can make scouting trips and rides a little more fun and its just a bonus, not like it eats up a whole day. i will just be using this style as a suppliment to other trips for added fun.