Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Moose Mount Questions

Guest akaspecials

I will be hunting moose this October in Newfoundland with my father. The outfitter we are going with has suggested a few of his local contacts for mounts, but I would much rather go with a local (AZ) person that has a reputation instead of going with a local (Canadian) that I have no knowledge of. Have any of you had a moose mounted by anyone locally? Or do you have any suggestions for someone that would be talented with an exotic?

My father has been dreaming of this once in a lifetime hunt for years so it means the world to him and I'd hate to get a bad mount. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

my friend works for southwest wildlife taxidermy in scottsdale.

heres a link:

http://www.swwildlife.com/index.php

They have some pretty impressive pictures on the wesite. Everything from fish to exotics. check them out. I know Joe said they do alot of african work, so an import from canada shouldnt be that difficult. ha ha

We would be more than happy to put together a mount for you!!! Give me a call anytime to talk specifics if you would like. If you are from Arizona (which I am pretty sure you are) I will even deliver it to your house when its done so you won't have to worry about transporting it ;)

One major thing to keep in mind, which a lot of people going to Africa or out of country for that matter don't catch onto, is that the taxidermy may have a better price but you are going to end up paying more than you would with your local taxidermist because of the shipping costs. I would think even coming out of Canada shipping a moose mount is going to be outrageous. We have shipped a few here lately back east and it is not cheap. Just something to keep in mind.

Check out our website, we do a lot of exotics as well.

post-553-0-46936100-1396301445.jpg

• Like 1

Devin is right, the bottom line is you will pay far more to have it mounted and shipped to you from canada. a lot of hunters fall for the line, "leave your trophies here, we know the animals" that is just a sales pitch. if you have a competent taxidermist they will do a better job and you have recourse if something goes wrong or unexpected. Since this is your fathers dream hunt do it he way YOU and YOUR DAD want. dont let anyone talk you into something you dont feel completely comfortable with.

• Like 1