Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Rut is On

Went hunting this weekend in 33 with a friend, the rut is on, saw a couple of bucks mounting does. Seems earlier this year than in years past.

Redman

Two friends of mine were hunting in 36C this weekend and they said there was no sign of the rut yet. They each killed a lion though. I thought that was cool. They saw three lions and killed two of them.

we were down by wilcox this weekend and saw groups of 15 -7 does but only saw 1 buck and he was a little spike muley,so i find it hard that the rut is under way,,,,cbryant

Saw no real sign of rut in 36C.

Matt, I was talking to the BP at the road block and he said he talked to a hunter who killed a lion down by MP 8 on Saturday. Was that your buddy?

ditto... no rutting where I was hunting.

Saw three 90+ bucks and put the stalk on a 115" monster. Got to within 30yds and just as I began to draw I got busted by a doe and spike that kept following the buck. Oh well the rush was awesome and I had a blast just stalking him. Not too many times in ones life do ya get to get within 30yds of that big of a deer.

cmc

NO rutting in 30a or 29. at least not what i have seen. bucks still running together and does alone, not even small bucks with the does. its cloudy out here today so maybe something good will happen soon.

creed

Yeah, that would be him. They killed one Saturday and one on Sunday.

Spent 4 days in 36A and saw very few bucks and lots of doe, no sign of rutting however did see one huge Muley with does and he looked swollen and was sniffing around but not busy yet.

I'm with Creed! 30A is showing NO activity! Getting blown around the mountains quite a bit! Camp has been hanging in there in spite of it though.

4X4 ORD were you camping off forest road 74 with a white canopy and a blue tent a quad in camp and your ford truck/camper shell ? did you have any luck? We were hunting off the 4362 road about a 1/2 mile-1 mile off the 74 road and didn't see any thing but one doe, alot of water sources and some very dry and brittle brush.

4X4 ORD were you camping off forest road 74 with a white canopy and a blue tent a quad in camp and your ford truck/camper shell ? did you have any luck? We were hunting off the 4362 road about a 1/2 mile-1 mile off the 74 road and didn't see any thing but one doe, alot of water sources and some very dry and brittle brush.

Hey Mon, yes, that was me. Nice spot, except after 1-1/2 days into the hunt. Then the relentless winds. Rain?? even snow?? okay. But, just conditions to be reckoned with huh? Scoped all over those rises!! I did originally scout up a couple bucks in Nov. But they weren't anywhere to be found. Went into No. Bruno tank and past quite a ways. Saw a few doe as well. Nothing I would call RUT activity. Saw one small buck hangin'. You needed 10x's to see 3" spikes w/ a 3/4" fork coming off. On the 29 side at Cottonwood.