Sign in to follow this  
Mon

any luck on the first weekend

I was wondering how the first week end of the December hunt went for every one. My son has a tag for 30A and I have a tag for 32. This week end I choose to help him with his hunt, we got into the area a little late on friday and we only saw one doe all day long. I think we wer hunting off forest road 4362 no sure because no road numbers on the roads. On saturday got into the area with plenty of time to spare and saw nothing all day long. Sunday woke up sick and didn't go out until late afternoon in my area, 32. I saw a doe with two very youg bucks one was a spike about five inches long and the second was a button buck. This coming weekend I will be out in my are trying to get my buck.

I was wondering how the first week end of the December hunt went for every one. My son has a tag for 30A and I have a tag for 32. This week end I choose to help him with his hunt, we got into the area a little late on friday and we only saw one doe all day long. I think we wer hunting off forest road 4362 no sure because no road numbers on the roads. On saturday got into the area with plenty of time to spare and saw nothing all day long. Sunday woke up sick and didn't go out until late afternoon in my area, 32. I saw a doe with two very youg bucks one was a spike about five inches long and the second was a button buck. This coming weekend I will be out in my are trying to get my buck.

i took my buddy out today he nailed his first coues at 330 yds in its bed i'll post the story and pics later a little bit tired right now

I was blessed with a 94 incher on Saturday morning

how about some visuals, please

let me see - there was a 119" buck taken on the youth hunt. there is probably a pick of that buck at sportsmans in tucson. I also know of 104", 115" and 124" bucks that were taken on dec hunts. also heard of another lion that was taken out of the predator demographic. CB

I have a picture of the 119 on my computer, but i am not going to post it because I don't have permission and the young man who shot it looks to be about 8 years old. It is a very impressive deer. The poor kid is ruined for life.

Bob

I have a picture of the 119 on my computer, but i am not going to post it because I don't have permission and the young man who shot it looks to be about 8 years old. It is a very impressive deer. The poor kid is ruined for life.

Bob

I don't have permission to post the 119" buck either but it's on the wall in Sportsman's so I imagine it's okay. But out of respect, I'll cut the kids face out. What an awesome buck!!! I'm sure he's at least 10years old ;o)

post-500-1167346016_thumb.jpg

Holy crap thats a big buck! I don't know why anyone who want to hide the fact that he shot an awesome buck like that. Thanks for posting the picture up though to bad he wasn't able to pass on his genes.

Dan - shortshooter

Dan,

It is not that the kids family did not actually want the picture posted. I didn't specifically have permission because I don't know the family. I got it from a friend of a friend of their's. I feel it is good internet etiquette not to post pictures that are not your property especially if there is minors involved. What tines did I feel is ok. What a Buck.. Corrected and apologize.

Bob

Dan,

It is not that the kids family did not actually want the picture posted. I didn't specifically have permission because I don't know the family. I got it from a friend of a friend of their's. I feel it is good internet etiquette not to post pictures that are not your property especially if there is minors involved. What tines did I feel is ok. What a Buck. The story I heard is that it was shot close to a major highway where anyone could of lucked into the buck. Not a secret honeyhole, but a very public place that would be overlooked by most experienced coues hunters on their way to their secluded spots.

Bob

Okay i understand now. I totally agree. I appreciate you letting me know Bob. Thanks

Dan

In reguards to the Kid w/the 119" buck. I'm the dad of the kid and just want to throw some info out there before things get started. I appriciate the fact people injoy looking at hunting photos and i appriciate the fact that some one was trying to be respectful in takeing the face off, butt from what i read it has allready generated some unhealthy discussion. The young man in the picture name is Wayne. He turned 12 in the middle of November. The buck was shot on the 3rd day of the juniors hunt. That makes it sunday Nov 19th (ya we should have been in church). The buck was not shot some short distance from a major highway. This kid worked for this deer. if you go to photo gallery, mexico hunts page 8. there are two other pictures of this young man. This is a very athletic intellegent young man, who has worked very hard and been extremely blessed. By the way he has never passed on shooting a buck. The 3 deer he has killed were the first deer on each of his hunts that he had an oppertunity to shoot . Who ever posted the picture please post a new picture that has waynes face complete. Thanks Patrick

;)