Sign in to follow this  
Mon

any luck on the first weekend

Patrick,

I don't think anyone meant anything negative in regards to the comments that were made. Most of the people in this forum are good guys (and gals) and mean well. But it isn't everyday you see such a young hunter harvest such a great trophy! And as with any big deer, rumors always fly. I am sure that the young man did work hard and deserve that deer, not many Coues bucks come easy. Congratulations to you and your son on a great, great deer and also welcome to the forum. I'm sure the people who made any comments feel the same way. I'd love to see some more angles of that buck as well!

thanks,

kevin

Congratulations Wayne!!!!! That is an awesome buck and great accomplishment, I can only dream of having a shot at a buck of that caliber someday.

100_1184.jpg

Here is a complete picture of Wayne's tremendous deer. Pat is modest, but he is one of the better whitetail hunters in the state and also one of the better taxidermists and an all around helluva nice guy.

royer222.jpg

Here is another little weener buck Pat is indirectly responsible for or involved with. In this case, the shooter is kind of a goofball :P, but Pat is pretty cool! this one came from the late hunt shot by my buddy and chief goofball Roger Cook. These guys actually and officially know their stuff!

Bret Mattausch

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hey this is Wayne and there were no hard feelings and thank you! It felt really good to walk up to that deer and hear my dad say "Wayne thats a bigger buck than I thought" ;) ;) ;)

Wayne congratulations on a really impressive deer. Please forgive me on that 8 year old crack, that was from extreme jealousy. Plus that erroneous information on where you killed that animal was passed along with the original Email I recieved that was at least 3rd or 4th party from your father. On that e-mail someone wrote that you were 10 and another person wrote falsely about where you took it. My point was not to insinuate that anything improper was done or shooting the buck was easy, but to point out that trophy bucks can sometimes be right in front of our nose. Still I should not of passed along info from emails when I don't know the source and I am embarrassed for doing so.(I guess I might have to change my screen name to 'Gossip Hound'.) Wayne if you could do me a favor and start a brand new post with a little story of your hunt with some more pictures I know all the guys and gals on the site would appreciate it.

Egg on my Face,

Bob

p.s. Shoot a bigger one next year!

Super buck Wayne!!! Keep it up///

Ron

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hey this is Wayne and there were no hard feelings and thank you! It felt really good to walk up to that deer and hear my dad say "Wayne thats a bigger buck than I thought" ;) ;) ;)