Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Plea for help at the Juniors turkey camp

The Juniors turkey camp at Colcord Ridge needs volunteers. I've copied a letter from Rich Williams detailing the needs. All volunteers will be feed the whole weekend, plus it's fun and a great reason to be in the woods. The youth hunters are awesome and appreciate help from mentors. Contact Rich directly at 602-881-6815 or email at azgobbler60@gmail.com if you can help out the cause. Thanks.

All,

The juniors turkey hunt camp is right around the corner. April 18,19 and 20. We need volunteers. As usual I never have enough mentors to hunt with the youth and their parent.

I need to know if you are coming.

It is in fact Easter week end and I know that some mentors maybe going home Saturday night. What ever your plan needs to be I can still use your help for what ever time you can spare.

We are in a very bad need for someone to run the registration. If we do not find that person, I will be stuck in camp instead of in the field with the kids.

It is not a tough job however; a very critical function for camp.

The future of hunting is in our hands. This is some of the most valuable time that you can give. We need your help to light the spark in these future hunters. Please let me know if you are in or out. We will be in camp Thursday afternoon. The camp flyer is attached.

Youth Turkey Camp 2014-3.doc

Thank you, Rich Williams

I'm going to throw another bump for this camp. Even though I'm working hard to help find mentors for the Happy Jack Camp, please consider this camp if its in your area. We always talk about how our youth are the future of hunting, so do everything in your power to retain them. Volunteering at the Happy Jack Camp has been life changing for me, personally, and I know I've made a difference in at least one kids life.

Be that mentor this turkey season!

i live in starvalley, i can give a couple days i now 23 well, hunted the jrs huint last 6 yrs. can i drive up in the am

Was in the area of the camp today birds are gobbling and very active already! I will try to get up to help out for a few days, Easter weekend is tough.

That's awesome guys, thanks! For those that are sure they're going, please call/email Rich for planning purposes.

ill be heading up friday night after work to help out.