Sign in to follow this  
az_shooter

Help on AZ strip info

Both are equal if its a good antler growth year. 13a is easier to find the deer, as they are concentrated in high numbers in a few places. I had 13b archery in 2011 and in 33 days straight of scouting and hunting i never saw a buck over 180 from the road. After killing a 215 buck with my bow i drove up to 13a to visit some friends, and it was amazing to see a bunch of big bucks from the road in 1 day in 13a. To each his own, but 13a is easier in general.

that would be a world record, if it's typical. i'd like to see some pics of that deer.

I'm tagged out already, but my goal is to get a 13 a or b rifle tag, and go after them with my bow. I'm eyeing that 206 mark. I have 5 bp's, if i do hunters safety, i'll have 7 by the end of the year, so i probly still have a bit of a wait, so i'll whack coues till then.

Sorry bojangles i don't post pics on sites of any of the animals i have harvested, and probably never will, especially if its a giant. My buck had a 210 typical frame with a 4 inch kicker, and netted 199 inches, far from the world record, but he does easily net boone and crockett. Good luck in the future, and have fun up there if you draw.

from a guy that spends a ton of time on the strip, i couldn't agree more with becker. he hit every nail square on the head. 13a needs a serious tag decrease for a couple years so the age class of bucks can increase.