Sign in to follow this  
pyle762

1st Antelope Tag!

I am stoked that I got my first antelope tag. How tough of a hunt is in store for me? I know there is not the numbers there as there are only 2 tags. Anyone have any advice? (I am not looking for specific areas or e-scouting) For muzzleloader hunting, is spot and stalk the way to go, sitting on water, a decoy? This is my first rodeo with goats so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Congrats Brian! I got my first goat tag this year too. I would say the hunt method depends on the terrain. I helped on a muzzy hunt last year and my buddy stalked in to range using the terrain. If it is straight flat that might not be a great option though. You can't really go wrong with sitting water, except that it is BORING!

Congrats! Not a very experienced pronghorn hunter by any means but i will say... Spot and stock goat is tough in flat terrain, if you go that route make sure you get some kneepads because belly crawling will most likely go down to get in ML range. Have heard of guys having great success using cow decoys and slowly inching closer.. Hunted wy this year and i will say, pronghorn hunting is a BLAST!

I had this tag a while back. It's a fun hunt. Plenty of goats to look at. There's usually a goat in the 80's hanging around. Just glass, spot and stalk. There's no reason to sit water.

• Like 2