Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

17B & 19B ML Antelope

Well the good news is I got extremely lucky in the draw and drew this tag with only 10 points. The bad news is that this unit has some big time access issues. I am willing to do the leg work and knew that this was a challenge prior to applying, so now it's time to get started.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me:

Is there any point in contacting the Big Chino Ranch?

Is there still access available west of hwy 89 between Chino Valley and Prescott Valley?

Has anyone hunted between I-40 and Rt 66? Is there enough antelope here to hunt effectively?

Same as above only referring to unit 17B off of Camp Wood road?

Does anybody know of ranches that will allow access for a fee?

Thanks for your help, I usually don't post specifics but with the difficulty of drawing antelope tags I figured if other hunters find this info later on, good. I will burn a ton of petro and rubber this summer figuring out this hunt but any help anyone can offer to get me headed in the right direction is more than appreciated.

Thanks to the guys who have sent PM's. With only 6 tags on this hunt I am sure I will be able to carve out some space to hunt.

Anyone else have this tag this year?

You can call me I know the owner of the long meadow ranch and have his phone number I have taken 2 lopes off his place and my wife got one also

Mark

good luck that could be a tough hunt without access. the big Chino won't even give out access to kill coyotes during an antelope eaters coyote hunt, it would give them more antelope and they still won't do it. just plain stupid.

I saw one of the biggest antelope I have ever seen last week in 17B. In an area you wouldn't expect. Crazy the places a guy finds antelope around these hills.