Sign in to follow this  
NM_Shedder

Antler Growth

Ok I know that many won't believe the amount of growth this bull put on in one year, but I know how much, unless his match is way weird, which I sadly haven't found his right side either two years I've found him, but if both sides are the same, he would have put on 100 inches of growth from his antlers he shed last year to the ones he shed this year. I am currently still in the hunt for his right side to this year but he went from a 270 bull to a 370 bull in one year, and you many choose to believe me, or you may not.

2013 Side: Top Picture: IMG_4714_zpsf20c1f24.jpg

2014 Side: Second Picture: DSC01241_zpsbb60ca57.jpg

post-10573-0-43873400-1399001569_thumb.jpg

post-10573-0-47048500-1399001588_thumb.jpg

post-10573-0-31194100-1399001605_thumb.jpg

I'll be the first to say I disagree. The antlers look nothing alike. The first point from this year's antler is the most obvious reason why I would say they aren't the same bull. Maybe found in the same area as last year but not the same bull.

• Like 2

I would say it is not the same bull. That character in the G1 & G2 would most likely be retained. In the smaller antler they curve up and in later years they would continue to do so.

That's a tough one, either way great finds.

I can see that, but through close inspection I have found the bases match very well, and the major vein lines are identical. His G2's are more similar then they appear, but his G1's are very different I do agree, you can still tell he seems to have bumped it but I do understand what you are getting at.

Great finds! I do not believe those are from the same bull though, and good luck on finding those other sides!

I have to say not the same bull also. I have found sheds for years off the same bulls and they almost always keep the same look. I'll post a set from lay year and a set from this year I picked up. Big difference in size but identical frame. Sweet sheds though bud.