Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

What barrel length?

I have an older Remington 1100 that I completely went through cleaned and replaced older parts. It has a fixed full 30in barrel on it and I was looking at getting a new barrel. I love the 1100 so I was wanting to buy a new barrel where I can change out the chokes. I already have a slug barrel and this fixed full 30in I was debating on buying either 26 or 28. I will mostly be using it for dove/quail but also want it for duck! So 26 or 28?

If you're going to hunt ducks with it I'd get a 28". If it was just quail I'd do a 26". But with a semi auto your receiver will be longer than a O/U so a 28" will probably be more like a 30".

I shoot a tiger red label with 28" barrels. I really like that length for bird and skeet shooting. For quail I might actually like a 26" barrel for a faster swing and less weight to carry around

Save your money. Send the barrel to Briley. They will thread the barrel and provide 3 chokes ( your choice) for $199.00. Most guys that have 2 or 3 barrel sets rarely use them.

• Like 1