russd

border story in the news

As far as i know it's still a "directive" and not actually LAW yet.

But here is the info from Arizona Game and Fish -

Archery-only hunters can now carry a non-hunting handgun for protection

The October issue of ?Hunting Highlights? reviewed the legality of carrying a handgun during an archery-only hunt. The rule at that time was that hunters participating in an archery-only hunt could not possess a firearm, even if they had a concealed weapons permit.

Since that time, the Arizona Game and Fish Department has issued a directive allowing hunters participating in an archery-only hunt to carry a non-hunting handgun for personal protection and safety. As a guideline, a non-hunting handgun shall be defined as a handgun with a barrel length of 6 inches or less that does not have a scope or any type of electronic device.

Handguns meeting this definition may be carried during an archery-only hunt for personal protection only. They may not be used to take any species of wildlife while participating in an archery-only hunt.

HUNT ON!

Arizona Pope and Young

If things don't start changing down there, this is what is going to result...

post-898-1168000997.jpg

I believe that military mind would call that a diversion. While everyone is dealing with a position being overrun, you run the old end around play and get all your product into the US without harassment. Just more evidence that the Mexican military is part of the problem. Sounds like an invasion to me by folks who have some military training. I hope our folks got some good licks in. If this keeps up we might just be on the front lines.

there were no licks given by our Men and ladies in uniform. That is part of the problem if you ask me. They can not do anything but retreat and let it take place. Then they call our other Men and Ladies in uniform to come save them.What a mess Our Border Patrol has to deal with down there. Another reason my thanks goes out to Scottyboy and the others for doing what they can wit somewhat tied hands them selves.

I believe that military mind would call that a diversion. While everyone is dealing with a position being overrun, you run the old end around play and get all your product into the US without harassment. Just more evidence that the Mexican military is part of the problem. Sounds like an invasion to me by folks who have some military training. I hope our folks got some good licks in. If this keeps up we might just be on the front lines.

The link that someone posted a while back to the government report on the border problem said that these drug cartels recruited members of the Mexican and Guatemalan military that were elite, special forces type military. It also stated that they have just as much technology as the BP. Heads up if you are down there, I sleep with my XD-40 handy when I go down there.

I find it quite interesting that the story says that our military were overrun, then the mexicans retreated back across the border.

I agree, it sounds like a diversion tactic for drug runners or other smugglers.

All it sounds like to me is the right to shoot should be inlisted in the national gaurdsman down there. What ever hapend to self defence. This is bull crap. If they start shooting the drug runners on the spot it would slow it down just a bit. But if they stop it compleitly then that would piss alot of our government off as well. The last sentance is my thought only and my opinion on the drug and border issue.

National Guard off the boarder and put some ARMY or Marines troops down there

I don't believe the problem is so much WHO is down there - it's the ROEs (Rules of Engagement) under which they operate. I suspect those are established by the Feds (DoD?)

We all know the political hay that would be made if some "undocumented immigrants" were shot by troops, be they NG, Marines, Army, or whoever, regardless of the circumstances. Remember, you're asking the same political entities that don't have the will to even enforce the exisiting laws - to authorize deadly force.