Sign in to follow this  
awatson

Fire restrictions on the Reservations?

I know the state lands and National Forests all have fire restrictions currently, but I'm headed for a 5 day pack-in, on the Apache side of Black River.

Anyone know where to find info on restrictions for the Res? Or if there are any, currently?

Might want to go somewhere else. There is a fire on the San Carlos right now. Yesterday at Grays peak it was very smoky and today the smoke is in Eagar. Barlow Fire is what they are calling it.

GOOGLE it and call them. Nothing like first hand information. Just be aware that it could change from day to day and they will not cut you any slack. Don't forget to get a permit.

One thing is for certain --- the WMAT has a history of being much more "hands on" when it comes to their forest and wildfires ...

Sorry. I meant White Mtn side. North side of the river,.

I'd suggest calling both tribes, don't have the contact info for WMAT. Amanda posted an email she received from SCAT Forestry dept. on another Campfire thread concerning reservation wildfires a couple weeks ago.

Contact: San Carlos Tribal Forest Resources Program, San Carlos, Arizona

Daily Phone Information (928)475-2326 from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm.

I was just looking at their site and it says no fire restrictions. Probably best to call and get current info.