Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Neat Finds

Guest oneshot

I went out this morning to check on saguaro fruits, they arent ready yet, and found these... A .50 cal shell(head-stamp "L", "C" and "43") and a .50 cal. bullet...

During World War 2 this area was an Air Force gun range (I've found practice bombs caseings around Green Valley), strangely after I focused on finding more or larger caliber caseings, I didnt find anything else...

post-1378-0-84567800-1400952653_thumb.jpg

Very cool! On the island of ie shima I was part of a military excercise in 2000. There were still unexploded bombs that we had to dispose of and the beaches were still littered with old 50 cal, 30 cal and other types of bullets. I mean thousands of them.

Cool find you got there! Way back when I was just a wee lad my dad and I went out east of Tucson Just east of Houghton rd. to sight in his new scope. I had the 22 cal. pelletgun and was sniping my army men when I found a loaded 20mm shell. My dad called both the Sheriffs office and the Air Force neither one wanted to take possession of it so my dad and I de-milled it ourselves. Great desk art.

Guest oneshot

After some research, I found out this Gunnery Range was opened in 1943, the case is from the Lake City plant made in 1943, and the spot is about 1mile east of the Range's border(guess that explains the lack of more relics), so the pilot was firing quite out of bounds. Makes it an even cooler find, going back this morning to explore into the Range...