Sign in to follow this  
DCS

SCI Banquet

I want to thank Amanda for offering tickets to service men and women to the SCI Banquet in Tucson this Saturday.That is what makes this website what it is-GREAT.For many years after Viet Nam no one-even vets that had served wanted to be reminded they had served.Thank god,this attitude has changed.Thanks again Amanda.

• Like 14

Thank you Cliff! It was great seeing you and all the other vets at the banquet. What an honor to be able to spend the evening with you all. And I am happy to say that we were able to raise enough money to make sure that no vet who told me they wanted to attend was turned away. We ended up with 18 tickets dedicated to the vets and several CW.com members donated money to the cause to make it happen. Thank you to everyone who donated and attended the banquet!

• Like 1

Peg and I enjoyed talking with you Cliff at the banquet. It was so nice to finally connect you with DCS. It was an honor for us to meet so many vets and my hat goes off to you Amanda for making such a generous donation along with all the other members who donated to make for a great night.

I believe there were at least 5 guns won out of the 3 cwt tables. Thanks Amanda for all you do. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Cliff it was a pleasure getting to meet you in person and chatting for a bit. Roger really enjoyed reminiscing with you about the old Prescott, he remarked several times how great it was to talk to you! Hopefully we get a chance to visit again in the future...

I was very moved by the fact that one of the Vietnam vets told me that this was the first thing anyone had ever done in appreciation of his service. How is that possible that a veteran can go decades without being appreciated? I was shocked to hear that, but of course we all know that our Vietnam veterans returned to a country that was not thankful for their service. What a shame. The vets were glad to see that has changed for our servicemen and women returning from more recent wars.

• Like 2

Amanda is #1 in my book.It did seem like we were awfully lucky in the draws!!!