It will never happen.This pantywaist gov. Don't have the b@lls to start confiscating weapons from citizens.They might try ,but it would not end well for them.

^^^**^^^^. Agreed

Meanwhile Iraq has fallen to Al Qaeda while President Mom jeans talks about disarming us and freeing Taliban generals.

Obama won't even give the Iraqi leaders the drones they have asked for. I guess he needs them here to monitor us.

But we gave the Muslim Brotherhood tanks and F16s.

• Like 1

Without a doubt, there are some people out there who should not own guns ... but the laws on who that is are really screwed up.

Say, for example, I get into it with a guy who grabs my wife's butt at a restaurant. Maybe nobody see it, and it's his word against mine. Say I beat the tar out of said perpetrator of butt grabbage (which I think would be well within my rights), and end up getting convicted of felony assault because the guy has to eat through a straw for a year and the jury looks at me (not a small or un-intimidating sort of gent) and decides that I "over-reacted". Even though I didn't use a weapon to beat the snot out of this person, because I am convicted of a felony of this nature I can no longer own a gun (at least until my rights are restored 10+ years later). Is that fair? Am I a bigger danger to society for firearm violence? I would argue NOT. Dumb law that needs to be looked at.

However ... someone with severe mental issues ... I can see not wanting them to have a weapon. Judging who has mental issues is tricky, and they need to figure out something that is fair. If, for example, a kid is really unbalanced and the parents and siblings want them evaluated, I'd have to say that the court should take that into consideration and probably have them evaluated. If someone gets arrested for erratic public behavior, and clearly has mental issues, I think the court should be able to evaluate them ... and probably letting them keep guns they have or buy new ones would be a bad move.

Someone who has been convicted of using a gun in a crime ... they should NEVER have the right to own a gun again. Just my opinion.

The law that they propose is WAAAAY to vague. Maybe something like it could/should exist, but not with the vague language. There should be some very strict requirements imposed on just WHO can pursue such an order, and there needs to be a mechanism to have the order lifted if it is found to be unjustified. There should absolutely be strict requirements on proving an "imminent danger". I am no attorney, but there has to be away to wordsmith it correctly so that the orders are not easy to get ... and maybe there should be a VERY stiff penalty for filing for one unjustly ... like jailtime.

I don't know ... I am definitely a gun rights, SUPER PRO SECOND AMENDMENT guy, but the fact is that NOT EVERYONE should be able to buy or own guns. There are definitely people out there who don't have the mental facilities to handle such ownership and responsibility. But the laws need to make sense and not punish those who SHOULD have the right ...

As far as the DUMB A _ _ @ 1600 PA Ave .... he can kiss my backside. Someone should point out the examples of China, Russia and Nazi Germany to him when he talks about acting on his own to take the guns away. Every despot in history has sought to remove the means of self defense from those they have subjugated.

I think if you're ever going to see something truly radical from this clown, it'll be soon. He's a second termer now, and doesn't need to worry about getting re-elected, so our pal Barry is free to do basically whatever he wants with no fear of political repercussions.

It's a great message ... too bad most networks will never show it because they are in the tank for the Liberal/Progressive Agenda. They only want to show stuff that sensationalizes their causes and makes sure that the idiotic millions watching will vote to give up their own freedoms.

Heads of the major networks all need to have their butts kicked in.