capoeirajosh

high quality clothing

I run almost all Kuiu, but they don't have that compression gear i really like.

yet....

But gloves, beanie, neck gaitor, pants, zip tee, hunting pack, hat, and guide jacket are all Kuiu. ill be adding a bino harness (Father's Day!), gaitors, and a superdown jacket before this season.

• Like 1

Antmo23 have you tried out the new Nuyarn material yet from Kuiu? Stuff is awesome!

I have not, I kinda got banned from Kuiu.com by my SO for a while.... :/ but just as soon as I can I'll be picking up some of the new stuff. But youre the second person that has said the Nuyard was the bee's knees...

How is the KUIU stuff with water?? Pretty water resistant? I have heard good things about the Attack pants. With August bear/deer season rolling up, I am trying to find something that is breathable, but also can handle the monsoons that come with this season, haha. Maybe, something that isn't 100% a summer pant either, so I could use them during the cooler months with an added base layer. Must be packable too. At least be able to put in a compression sack.

I run almost all Kuiu, but they don't have that compression gear i really like.

yet....

But gloves, beanie, neck gaitor, pants, zip tee, hunting pack, hat, and guide jacket are all Kuiu. ill be adding a bino harness (Father's Day!), gaitors, and a superdown jacket before this season.

You could make a cup outta the attack pant and drink water out of it. when i first got mine, i plugged up my sink with them and turned the water on. the water was still pooled there 30 mins later and wasn't wet inside. the zip tees are not water proof though. they did come out with the Tiberon line too for summer. i don't have any of that stuff though....... Yet ;)

You could make a cup outta the attack pant and drink water out of it. when i first got mine, i plugged up my sink with them and turned the water on. the water was still pooled there 30 mins later and wasn't wet inside. the zip tees are not water proof though. they did come out with the Tiberon line too for summer. i don't have any of that stuff though....... Yet ;)

Good to know!! That is impressive! So these are not too thick? Summer use and winter use with a base layer?

Not matter what you wear, it's gonna be hot come archery deer season. But the Attack pant isn't too hot and the newer models have hip zippers to dump body heat and moisture. With a base layer underneath, you'll stay toasty behind the binos.

• Like 1

Not matter what you wear, it's gonna be hot come archery deer season. But the Attack pant isn't too hot and the newer models have hip zippers to dump body heat and moisture. With a base layer underneath, you'll stay toasty behind the binos.

I was just worried about possibly getting sweaty in them and getting then wet on the inside. The description doesn't really say much on the kuiu site. The Tiberons look pretty awesome for summer time. Wanted to maybe try and get something I could use for summer and fall/winter though. Obviously paired with a base layer underneath if needed for colder temps.

i have the tiburon pants and at first i didnt like them because how thin they are, after walking around this summer trying them out they breathe extremely well are light weight and held up me beating the heck out of them. they are my favorite and will be my pant for early season hunting

• Like 1

I was just worried about possibly getting sweaty in them and getting then wet on the inside. The description doesn't really say much on the kuiu site. The Tiberons look pretty awesome for summer time. Wanted to maybe try and get something I could use for summer and fall/winter though. Obviously paired with a base layer underneath if needed for colder temps.

Even IF you get them soaked with sweat, they dry out quick, fast, and in a hurry! The blogs are a great source of info for all the technical specs on everything Kuiu. And they have a GREAT customer service dept if you have questions about something the blogs don't cover. Or shoot me a PM, OBVIOUSLY I try to keep up to date on Kuiu gear, lol.
  • Like 1

How does that kuiu gear hold up in, let's say, catclaw?

Everywhere I hunt has that danged cat claw... Mine have held up pretty darn good, I've had my original pair for around 4 years and they still are GTG. They have some pulls, but no tears. I even took a bad fall last year and they didn't tear. The skin on my knee did, but the pants didnt. And, as I've stated before, they are the most comfortable pants I own, hunting or otherwise.
  • Like 1