Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Louis Zamperini - Another Hero is gone

Incredible man. I haven't read the book yet but it's by Ms. L Hillenbrand, author of Seabiscuit, should be an inspiring read.

Hollywood and the left has got to hate her, she keeps finding and writing about American heroism.

OMG...thanks! I started that book on a vacation.....couldn't find it, and couldn't remember the title! This will help me find it on our reader!

I read this book a few months ago (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand) and I was totally amazed. What this man went through and survived is just stunning. As Desertbull said....do yourself a favor and read that book....that story will effect you and stay with you forever. Now may Louis rest in peace.

• Like 1

I love reading about these hero's. maybe now he gets his chance to settle the score with that jap from his POW camp.

He actually tried to meet with "The Bird" years later to tell him that he forgave him. He went to Japan and had a meeting set up but Bird backed out at the last minute.

This man was an absolute hero! We are losing a great generation everyday, the majority of them are already gone. The folks who fought in WWII and Korea are the generation that I most respect, both grandpas and a great uncle were in WWII, all three are now gone but they're the men who shaped our family. One great aunt still lives and I love hearing her stories over and over again about the good and hard ole days. It's a sad state of affairs today. Still have good folks but not an entire country full.

• Like 2

Incredible man. I haven't read the book yet but it's by Ms. L Hillenbrand, author of Seabiscuit, should be an inspiring read.

Hollywood and the left has got to hate her, she keeps finding and writing about American heroism.

i have the book if you want to read it????