Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Coatamundi at Apache Lake

After 20 years of camping around Apache Lake, we saw our first-ever coatamundi on the shore right across from our camp at 5 in the afternoon. Sorry, no pictures.

• Like 2

Soon after my now bowfishing partner moved out here from north Carolina we were leaving apache lake between 3 mile and the dam there was a skunk and a coatamundi in the road and the coti ran toward the lake straight off the cliff and my buddy almost drove off the cliff after him just to keep the headlights on him to see what it was........ scared the crap outta me...hahaha. but that is the only one I have ever seen there....

• Like 1

Three years ago while hunting Apache Lake I couldn't believe my eyes. How in the world did they get all the way to Apache Lake? They are on both sides of the lake now. Ringtails have been there for years. I have a good ringtail story I will share around a campfire. :)

TJ

• Like 3

Don't feel bad, I grew up in southern AZ and didn't see one until 2003 outside Ft Huachuca's main gate.

• Like 1

Three years ago while hunting Apache Lake I couldn't believe my eyes. How in the world did they get all the way to Apache Lake? )

TJ

An old Prospector told me they came north "on the backs of Javelina"

• Like 4

Three years ago while hunting Apache Lake I couldn't believe my eyes. How in the world did they get all the way to Apache Lake? They are on both sides of the lake now. Ringtails have been there for years. I have a good ringtail story I will share around a campfire. :)

TJ

I'll take you up on that story sometime TJ. I have a good one to share as well. Happy Birthday!