Sign in to follow this  
AZJR

Lost Black Lab in Williams area

My dad's female black Labrador Retriever ran off from his camp in a heavy monsoon storm near Williams, AZ on July 6th of the Independence Day holiday weekend. He was camped off a forest service road just west and north of McDougal Flat in GMU 8, accessed off the western most Garland prairie Road from I-40.

He has searched for her for 13 days straight with no luck. He has posted signs throughout Williams and has contacted all the city and county shelters and governmental agencies. He finally had to come home to Bullhead City today due to a medical issue. He's in his 70's and is super bummed over his lost dog. He traveled to Phoenix to view a dog that resembled his lost dog but it was not her. We have a notice posted on Craigslist and on a few other "lost pet" related sites.

I realize it's a big forest, and any of a number of calamities could have befallen her. That said, there were also lots of folks camping throughout the area and it is hard to imagine no one saw a thing. The dog had a quality collar attached with a solid buckle and all appropriate BHC licenses & tags as well as a name plate with my dad's contact info. If you know of anyone popping up with a classic looking, old-school style, close-coupled female black Lab that didn't have one prior to July 6th, he would really appreciate a head's up. The dog is very friendly, like most Labs, and would not be startled or unapproachable by a stranger.

Thanks,

Jim & Bob Rich

BHC, AZ

928-758-5204

928-444-3397

drannette@citlink.net

I am in that area a lot I will keep a eye out plus I will let people I know that are antelope scouting to keep a eye open.

Mark

Someone found a chocolate lab in Williamson valley area N. of prescott... that is quite a stretch from where you were however but worth noting on here anyway.. likely not the same dog. No mention of a collar and it was posted on FB.

Really hope you guys find the dog.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. As noted, the dog is a black female. She is right about 3 years old. We are hoping she might wander into a hunter camp if she is still alive and in the area. Lots of folks hunt GMU 8, as we do, & will be scouting for the upcoming archery elk and muzzleloader pronghorn hunt, and the archery deer hunt that gets going in August. If she fell prey to an accident or a predator, maybe a hunter comes across the scene and her collar with tags is found? Maybe someone found her and decided to keep her, I don't get that but it is a possibility. If someone pops up with a retrieve-crazy adult female black Lab they didn't have prior to July 6th, well that would be intetesting.