Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Grizzlies in az, anybody see this?

Word in the mountains is a breading pair have been introduced two years ago.

i won't call you a liar. I've seen really big bears in 27 and Nm. I will say I've heard the grizzly mating story for over 15 years. Maybe true this time?

Internet sightings don't count. Let's see some pics.

Not everyone in the woods carries a camera. I've seen stuff over the years in AZ and NM I wont even try to offer an explanation for.

While deer hunting east of Yelm, WA 20 years ago, I watched a lynx come up the trail below me and then try and catch some rodent burrowed under the snow. I studied him for 5-10 minutes, he was the size of a sawed off goat. Problem was, the experts were certain there were NO lynx within many miles of there.

What does this have to do with grizzlies? Nothing.

This is not helping my bearphobia. Lol I have been deep in most of the az wilderness areas and they run cows in all of them. Really lame IMO but that said I guarantee you there is no chance griz would be introduced here. There is no where near the habitat needed for them. I can walk one long day in any direction and hit people and so can a grid or wolf for that matter so it makes no sense at all. Although I have not seen a large amount of land in az I have seen a bunch and what I have seen I doubt the numbers of game are even close to what is said to be here inflated game numbers is what I believe is going on for business reasons and even in the most remote wilderness there are not enough animals to sustain an animal like griz.

• Like 1

The Fed's will waste millions of dollars on a Grizzly project over a span of time before they realize it was a bad idea. Even though someone told them up front it was a bad idea. Fed's love bad ideas.

No matter where a bear is released, they are going to travel to the areas where the food supply is best, and where they feel comfortable. Do they want to spend a hot summer down on the Blue, or up on the rim where it's cooler, with all the human's?

• Like 2

There's literally NOWHERE you can go in the lower 48 states and be more than 20 miles from a road.

Griz and inbred wolftards have no place in the southwest. The Mogollon/Gila is SMALL country.

Read up on the Red Wolf reintroduction and it's hybridization with coyotes. Their own reports say the project should be abandoned, as it's economically unfeasible to sustain, yet USFWS still pumps $$ hand over fist into the program. Same has been expressed by SOME working the grey wolf program. These aren't dogs that will stay where they're told.

At some point we as a society have to accept that by US being here, there's no longer room for the species that we quite effectively as a society extirpated from their orginal range.

Maybe Californians writing checks to CBD should vacate the prime griz habitat, and start a program to reintroduce them there. That'd be roughly the Pacific coast, from Mexico to Oregon.