Sign in to follow this  
pstrman

Info on 6A

I know it's early but my son and I were drawn in 6A for rifle mule deer. Haven't been in this unit since 93 and was wondering if anyone can give us a place to start. In 93 hunted east of camp verde around a place called big hill. That's what the guys we were with called it anyway. Think I'm looking for info further north in the pinions I think. Not looking for honey holes or anything as I do plan on a couple scouting trips.

Thanks

I saw some nice bucks around clints well last year during the the archery elk hunt.

Without giving out too much info as to I have this same hunt... I have seen some very nice bucks where I have recently archery hunted elk the last several years. They appear to be doing very well where I go and mileage may vary since this is a very large unit. As the AZG&F site states scout/hunt the transition areas (Juniper & Pine).

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. Just goona have to get out and cover ground.

There's deer in 6a??? I thought all there was only elk. Jk. As mentioned it's a huge unit with lots of roads. If I had that tag I would stay south of the unit. Anywhere south if stoneman lake should still hold some nice bucks. Almost ran a few over last year

Most of the bucks I've seen in 6A were near Apache Maid or south of that, but I haven't seen many good ones in a long time. You can also try some of the areas a little farther north where there are stands of oak breaking up the pine or P/J areas.