Sign in to follow this  
creed

Vortex vs. Minox vs Zeiss

I just looked through the Zeiss 15's next to my swaro Neu's and the Zeiss do not match up on any level. This is my opinion everybody will have a different opinion. I have never liked the vortex, the glass isn't as good, the craftmenship isn't as good, the only thing that is better is the warranty. Again just my opinion, my swaros have been the best investment I have ever made.

I use the Minox MIG 15x56 in between a Swaro HD scope and 8x EL range. I also have 10x slc and 8x Nikon premier lxl and the Minox are not out of place at all IMO. They surely beat the SLCs off of the tripod and are AMAZING glass for the money if you get the open box price from CLNY. The Kaibabs just don't fit me at all, but the new Swaro and Zeiss are both very nice. I may still end up spending an obscene amount of money upgrading to one of those two, but I have not yet made myself comfortable with the idea that a return on that investment would likely never be realized.

I just bought a set of the new ziess last week and and impressed with them so far to my eyes they beat the old slc's and way better then the kiababs which i wasnt impressed with! side note the lens covers they come with suck but vortex ones for the vultures fit with just alittle stretch