Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Left-over tags

Man the left-over tags go fast now. I remember a few years ago getting a tag two weeks before the hunt started. My boy got a left-over this year, good thing I didn't wait till next week to pick one up!

I think more and more people realize now that if you get a leftover you don't lose your bonus points. You can only put in for your premium hunts and if not drawn still have a good chance at a leftover.

• Like 1

I think more and more people realize now that if you get a leftover you don't lose your bonus points. You can only put in for your premium hunts and if not drawn still have a good chance at a leftover.

Yep, I just started doing it 3 years ago so I'm sure more and more people know about it every year. I know a few people that had applications get there on Monday that didn't get tags.

Yep, I just started doing it 3 years ago so I'm sure more and more people know about it every year. I know a few people that had applications get there on Monday that didn't get tags.

Myself and my best friend are 2 of those people. We put in for 3 different units with no success. It really sucks!!!!!!!

Times are changing fellas. Used to be able to draw a coues tag then pick a leftover up. They couldn't get rid of them. Now leftovers that you could walk in and buy at the department are going fast from the app process. 22 archery spring bear, could buy a leftover a day before the hunt now don't even draw it every year. Give it another few years and our "back up" leftovers won't be there. Good luck to everyone on their hunts this fall!

-will