bwp22

WMAT Elk Hunts

Shhhh Idaho has OTC elk and deer tags available every year. Don't tell anyone, they might run out.

• Like 3

Shhhh Idaho has OTC elk and deer tags available every year. Don't tell anyone, they might run out.

I didn't realize Idaho had a unit with only 75 tags a mere 2 hour drive from the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas.

next time you should ask this guys permission to ask this kind of questions, you are ruining their private spot.

• Like 1

I didn't realize Idaho had a unit with only 75 tags a mere 2 hour drive from the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas.

ID has lots of controlled hunts that you can apply for for a mere $15 application fee after license. If you don't draw you can hunt general season and see far fewer folks than you would on a public land antelope hunt in AZ that has just 15 tags.

Grab a $200 round trip from Allegiant and you are in business. Its actually pretty do able. The point is people figure stuff out, no big deal.

• Like 1

ID has lots of controlled hunts that you can apply for for a mere $15 application fee after license. If you don't draw you can hunt general season and see far fewer folks than you would on a public land antelope hunt in AZ that has just 15 tags.

Grab a $200 round trip from Allegiant and you are in business. Its actually pretty do able. The point is people figure stuff out, no big deal.

You're right. It's totally the same thing. My bad.

The irony in your suggestion is that I'm stuck in a La Quinta Inn in Provo tonight because Allegiant Air's plane broke down on the runway. Now I get to burn a vacation day tomorrow that I could have used on a crappy OTC hunt out of state to sit and watch the clouds of Mosquitos blow in from Mud Bay.

At today's luggage rates on Allegiant, what would it cost me to fly a cow elk home from Idaho? $400-500?

Not trying to make you feel bad, just commenting on why you never hear guys talking about them. Once you get hooked on them and then end up without a tag one year, you'll understand. I know of at least 7 guys from this forum who hunt it, and not one of us has ever reported on it or posted any photos.

If you get a tag, send me a PM. I'm more than happy to share information...in private. :-)

Thanks, appreciate it.

No joy for me. :angry: Looks like I'll be available for some people who need some help during the archery elk season.