KGAINES

Residents vs. Non-Residents

Would you help a non-resident out  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you help a non-resident out

• Yes, in any way I couldYes, but only via the internetYes, but only if they are broke down or in need of medical assistance inthe fieldNo, I won't help out
    • No, I will go out of my way to make their hunt miserable

I think for the most part when I am out hunting I will help out with general information and what I may have seen if it will not affect my hunt, but if someone is in need of help ( medical emergency, truck broke down, stuck, etc...) I tend to go out of my way to help and I have never asked for ID. I also think that most of us on this site resident and non-resident are do it yourself types that are not using guides, (some of you are resident guides) we are just looking for a little help.

The poll didn't turn out like I had wanted it to, the top three yesses were all supposed to be seperate.

sorry I don't know how to fix it.

I don't blame NR's. They just want to hunt like we do. I blame the people that want to get rich off of it at the expensive of sound wildlife management.

I have and will continue to help anyone that asks.

I am with you griz. Do one to others rule works for me.

I would also help, it's about having a good time. Now if they look like Al-quida I Know they are S.O.L. . Think of it this way do you think they would help you? I think they probably would.

I agree with DesertBull. NR or Resident, we are all out to have an enjoyable hunt as possible, regaurdless of where we may hang our hat.

Scottyboy

Guest Ernesto C

I will help for several reasons but to make a long story short, I sometimes hunt out of state so what is the difference?

hunterdude is there a specific way people should look in order to help them?

We are talking hunting,God bless.

Ernesto C.

As a non resident, I am encouraged by your posts. I think that most of you would go out of your way to help me out if I were in need. I would do the same for you, whether in your state or mine. I will be hunting AZ coues deer this fall. I sure don't expect anyone to tell me where to find deer or help me kill one. That is why I hunt. I'll do it myself, thanks. However, if my old POS 79 Ford takes a dump, I sure would appreciate a hand getting it back to camp. I hope to meet some new people this fall. I've always enjoyed that aspect of hunting. Never have I hunted that I didn't meet someone new and enjoy the comeradery that developed. We all have something in common afterall. Have a great hunt and good luck!

Kevin

Of course we should help them if they are in need. They are fellow hunters and fellow Americans.

And I would give them some tips about where to hunt also (while artfully steering them away from where I want to hunt).

I have hunted New Mexico a couple of times for mule deer in unit 2B and get to again this year. It is always a good experience; the hunt and the people. Everyone we run into are really, really friendly. Hunters that you run into on a dirt road or on foot, and even ranchers want to take an hour and talk! I'm looking at a limited number of days to HUNT and these folks want to talk.

I was sitting on a point glassing some big country one afternoon, heard noise behind me and noticed two young men approaching the point. I waved to them, which in Arizona means, "I'm here and you're not". But in N.M. it apparently means, "Please come over here so we can glass together and talk for a couple of hours."

Best I can figure, is that when you live in a part of this country where the county you live in has fewer people in it than the town of Ash Fork, you actually look forward to running into people wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

This is in stark contrast to Arizona, where we are all trying to get away from everybody else. I can't help but feel that we are losing something special in this.

Mike

I too like to try to get away from everybody else, I guess that is why I hunt alone. I have lived here 49 years (native) and hunted at least 35 of them, but I am new to the hand language sign "I am here and you are not". How does it go. If some hunters had accidently walked in on my position I personally would wave them on it and let them know where I was hunting so they wouldn't accidently blunder in to me later. I guess with this new hand language thing the hunters walk away and possibly walk back in on where you were going to hunt. I guess I am a little slow with this Arizona philosophy, maybe I will catch on in my next 50 years.

Arizona Griz.

I guess I should have said don't look like a terrorist, or a person with a vengnce for americans.

Probably just a bad choice of words on my part, Az Griz.

If I'm approaching a spot and someone is already there and waving to let me know, I will go somewhere else. Sometimes I will also do as you described and go talk to them so's we don't run into each other again. This is normal for us. In N.M. from my experience, the wave doesn't mean, "This spot is taken." It seems to mean, "Hey, let's talk for an hour or two."

My buddy and I were avoiding folks because their friendliness was cutting into our hunting time.

Maybe (and probably) not all New Mexicans are that friendly, but from my experience New Mexicans are a lot more friendly than Arizonans.

I'll bet there is not a web site where people from N.M. take a poll of whether or not they should help out-of-staters when they meet them in the woods.

Mike

You know I have no problem with NR. I think every one should look at plinkers banging off a box of 45'S in camp, or careless hunters that look at you though ther f#*&% scope!! even a cheap pair of binos. heck you just might get but stoked with your own gun. Wish every one a sucessful year OH bring your binos