After dressing and skinning 2 deer this season my new favorite is a Browning model 514 gut hook/skinner. Surprisingly it held an edge way longer than my Buck skinner. I bought it at Dick's sporting goods of all places. LukeDuke got me a Havalon but I keep forgetting to use it. I bought a couple more Browning knives from the Outlet store but have not used them yet.

I carry a CRKT M-16 everywhere i go, i have a Havalon and a Swing blaze in my pack. those 2 knives replaced the 4 knives i used to carry around. I also have an Old Timer Honing Steel for splitting hips.

Barry Dawson custom knife ,think it is called the whitetail. He used to be in Prescott Valley . It is the finest steel I have used and I have it about 20 years now

I am a knife whore.

I have a ton of daily carry folders. Benchmade, SOG, CRKT, Kershaw, Spyderco, Gerber, Buck. I mostly carry assisted opening folders on a daily basis, and Kershaw is one of my favorites. But my Benchmade and CRKT are both unassisted, and they are amazing tools.

But the ones in my pack are a Havalon Piranta for the light weight and ease of changing a blade, a Schrade Old Timer Skinner, an old (but extremely sharp) CRKT Tanto folder, and a Gerber bone saw. I can cut up any game animal with this small assortment.