Sign in to follow this  
AZMThunter

Amazon Local Register - More Anti Gun Agenda Pushing

Those of you who own a business or need to accept credit cards and are tempted to go with the new Amazon Local Register - Be aware!

Yes, you will save a percentage point on your transaction fees versus Square or Paypal (1.75% until 2016, 2.5% thereafter) BUT - Amazon has decided to push an agenda against PERFECTLY LEGAL people and businesses by disallowing ANY weapons related transactions with their service.

I actually called them this morning (Yes, they have an 888 number that works on Sunday) and asked them about this - The rep I spoke with said that I could probably get around it by selectively naming the products I sold, but that yes, indeed, Amazon's policy was no weapons related transactions (What exactly is "weapons related" I do not know.)

Guest oneshot

Those of you who own a business or need to accept credit cards and are tempted to go with the new Amazon Local Register - Be aware!

Yes, you will save a percentage point on your transaction fees versus Square or Paypal (1.75% until 2016, 2.5% thereafter) BUT - Amazon has decided to push an agenda against PERFECTLY LEGAL people and businesses by disallowing ANY weapons related transactions with their service.

I actually called them this morning (Yes, they have an 888 number that works on Sunday) and asked them about this - The rep I spoke with said that I could probably get around it by selectively naming the products I sold, but that yes, indeed, Amazon's policy was no weapons related transactions (What exactly is "weapons related" I do not know.)

Thanks for the heads-up AzMtHunter...

Hmmm, They ask you to be deceptive in your billing, to get around amazons "weapons" policy, but will glady take their % to push a deceptive agenda...

"disallow ANY weapons related transactions" can cover anything from pointy sticks, parts, accessories,... or even a slab of bacon

Its weird because you can buy all kinds of holsters, reloading tools, scopes, etc on Amazon. Maybe they mean actual weapons. Paypal wont accept gun payments either.

• Like 1

I checked Amazon's store prohibited items list and found quite a few things that are banned offered for sale - either someone is being tricky with wording or maybe it's just not monitored closely... Maybe Amazon is just covering their butt? I didn't realize paypal was the same... I am not talking about FFL items here, things like folding stocks, magazines, and 3-point and single point slings are banned. From their site:

• Gun parts and accessories, other than the above permitted parts and accessories, such as:
    • Assault weapon conversion kits
    • Assault weapon grips and foregrips
    • Pistol grips designed for attachment to an assault weapon
    • Assault weapon end plates and sling plates
    • Barrels
    • Barrel shrouds
    • Battery assist levers
    • Camouflaging gun containers
    • Chokes
    • Converters that can give a firearm automatic capability
    • Detachable carry handles and assault rifle carry handles
    • Ejection port and ejection port covers
    • Frames, such as components
    • Gas blocks and gas tubes
    • Kits that can be used to create gun magazines
    • Magazine components
    • Magazines
    • Multi-burst trigger activators
    • Multi-rail systems, including quad rails and covers
    • Receivers, including lower and upper receivers
    • Selector levers and selector detents
    • Silencers
    • Single point, 3-point and tactical slings
    • Slide fire stock and weapons kits
    • Solvent trap oil filter adapters
    • Takedown pins, pivot pins, cam pins
    • Assault weapon and AR-specific tools
    • Telescoping, folding, or collapsible stocks
    • Threaded barrel adapters
    • Trigger assemblies
  • All internal/moving gun parts, such as:
    • Bolt catch releases and bolt catch assembles
    • Buffer tubes
    • Firing pins
    • Trigger assemblies

Please keep in mind that this is not just Amazon saying you can't sell these things on their website, this is Amazon saying you are not allowed to sell these things AT ALL if you want your customers to be able to pay with a credit card and you use Amazon Local Register as you CC reader system.