Sign in to follow this  
kyle44k

WTB. 15x56 swaros or kiababs

If I were you I'd be looking for some old Swaros. For the price you can get them for now, they are far superior to the Kaibabs. Just my 2 cents.

He is right I think brand new kiababs are like 1299 now. Probably find some used swaro close to that.

Kyle44K,

I just had a friend of mine do a test of the two binoculars you are interested in and he says he could barely tell a difference between the Swarovski and the Vortex. However, I agree that if you did a little shopping, you could find a nice used pair of Swarovski's for $1300ish. There is a used bino dealer in Texas that sells Swarovski 15x56 for $1350. His website is www.texasbinoman.com.

Unfortunately, Cabelas does not have the Vortex on sale anymore. I tried to buy a pair a few weeks ago and they canceled my order a few days later because they weren't getting any more in.

If you want the best, go with Swarovski. If you don't care about owning a "Ferarri", go with the Vortex. Great warranty with both companies.

-Orion

Kyle44K,

I just had a friend of mine do a test of the two binoculars you are interested in and he says he could barely tell a difference between the Swarovski and the Vortex. However, I agree that if you did a little shopping, you could find a nice used pair of Swarovski's for $1300ish. There is a used bino dealer in Texas that sells Swarovski 15x56 for $1350. His website is www.texasbinoman.com.

Unfortunately, Cabelas does not have the Vortex on sale anymore. I tried to buy a pair a few weeks ago and they canceled my order a few days later because they weren't getting any more in.

If you want the best, go with Swarovski. If you don't care about owning a "Ferarri", go with the Vortex. Great warranty with both companies.

-Orion

I agree with this to a point. I had the Kaibabs and was getting frustrated with the edge clarity. After getting the Swaros in the field for a while, you really notice that the edge clarity is far superior to the Kaibabs. To me, it was worth it.

New kaibabs have the RAZOR COATING. if they made 15x56 razors everybody would quit using swaros! as clear as swaro and way light weight. 12x50 2013 model and newer razors are amazing... not sure if razor coating has made kaibabs better but sure couldnt have hurt!

New kaibabs have the RAZOR COATING. if they made 15x56 razors everybody would quit using swaros! as clear as swaro and way light weight. 12x50 2013 model and newer razors are amazing... not sure if razor coating has made kaibabs better but sure couldnt have hurt!

I completely agree. I'd drop the swaros for a 15x56 Razor in a heartbeat. I have the Razor HD 65 spotter and it's unreal clear.

• Like 1

Personally, I found the Razors quite disappointing in comparing the 10x42s with almost all other high end brands. I was quite surprised.

I am saving up for the 15x56 Meopta (Cabela's in house brand) myself. At $1599 new for the 15's, with a transferable lifetime warranty, and the clarity they provide over the Vortex, it is a no-brainer to me. Right there with the new Swaro SLC HDs. And built like a tank. I am not worried about the weight difference of the Razors, as my 15s will always sit atop a tripod.

Kyle,

I got a pair of Kiababs I would let go. Hey didn't we get a bonus last Friday? haha text me.