no luck on finding the bear. they started at 7 this morning and just got a call from them. they can't find anymore blood or any direction on where the bear went. maybe tomorrow we can find any birds circling around that general area, might give us a clue if its dead. i thought for sure they where going to find it...

Darn. Bears are very tough - Especially with a high shot. Lots of muscle and bone up there. I hope you guys find it.

Guest oneshot

We didnt find the Bear. The blood was OK to follow, not real heavy but a steady trail. The Bear ran around the contour of a steep hill, busting through brush, over rocks, up steep slopes, didnt follow any trails and it never took the "easy-way" . When the blood-trail ended, it was with very tiny drops. We grid searched, looking for blood or a dead Bear, no luck... almost 3miles and a 2000ft elevation gain...

Things that went well ,Mr.E, Mr.C and MissB were a pleasure to meet, they marked the trail good with tape, we used a GPS to determine the trending dirrection and attitudes were possitive...

Things that went wrong, we didnt find the Bear... (and with MissB setting the pace on the trail to the blind, she almost killed me... hehehe goes to show what being a smoker and 30years older gets me)

Resurrecting the dead here... but am just getting in to my first season of hunting bear and am devouring the threads. This one was just too cool to not comment. Gotta say that this is one seriously rad community! For a a member to be able to post out of the blue and have help at a moments notice, from several people, is just incredible! Very very cool Gents!!!