COOSEFAN

Freaks of the Woods

Big spike comming out of the side of his head!

post-669-1171831026.jpg

alright....now i'm runnin' out of freaky stuff.........Here's one from a late hunt, last day bull.........if you gonna shoot a 2 point, this would be the one! Pretty cool "crab-claws"! JIM>

MattsClient.jpg

Hey azsagebrush I talked to you at the bowhunter happening about that funky shed you found. I'm almost 100% positive that your shed is from the same bull on the video. I watched it frame by frame and it looks exactly the same. That bull had to cover approx 50 in about 6 months though. I still can't believe that a bull would travel that far in such a small amount of time. I also find it hard to believe that there could be another bull out there with that type of antler configuration. So for how unbelievable it may be I think its probably is the same bull. Crazy stuff man.

Joe,

From the day we watched your dvd and seen the bull we were pretty sure it was the same bull. We would pause the dvd and then study the antler. They say "it's a small world".

Thanks for posting the live pics along with the shed.

Preston

Great topic and pics guys!!!

Here's one of the most craziest elk sheds I've ever seen. It's got 2 main beams which is awesome but that crap oozing out of the bottom of the antler is just nuts!!!

post-3-1171894684.jpg

post-3-1171894702_thumb.jpg

Here's a total freak. Looks like the beams are upside down, esp on the rght antler.

post-3-1171894949_thumb.jpg

This rack some of you may have seen already but I thought it was appropriate here. This rack is just sickening, it's got 22" beams, an 18" inside spread, 12" G-3's and a 3rd antler!! This rack scores 134" but can not be accepted by B&C cause it's a "freak" with 3 antlers and they consider those unscorable.

post-3-1171895130_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171895159_thumb.jpg

Here's an elk antler that I bought on my travels. I had the thing for a total of about a half hour and this guy came by and just had to have it. I hated to see it go but I knew he appreciated it as much as I did. It's got 9 points and mass at the base like few others. I bet the circ around either of the first two points was around 16", it was phenomenal.

post-3-1171895452_thumb.jpg

Just a crazy skull..............

post-3-1171895586_thumb.jpg

I'll try and post more later, hope you all enjoy.

Wow! Josh you have some awesome stuff. Love the 134 buck! That thing looks like it was mean a buck in his day. One of those bucks that none of the other bucks would mess with especially with that 3rd beam where it is. The elk shed with the all the stuff at the bases almost looks volcanic like antler lava. The lava bull is what I'm going to call it from now on if you don't mind. Very nice man I hope you find the time to post some more. Thanks

Joe

Josh i was wondering when you were going to get involved on this post! ;) Wow, that is some unbelievable stuff you have in your collection. I think that crazy elk skull is my favorite, but that "lava bull" is just awesome. And it looks like it was found right as it hit the ground! Great great stuff man. Thanks for posting!!!!

Awesome stuff Josh! I especially like the freak elk skull in the last pic...........thats an awesome pic with your "man-cub" yankin' on your ear....... that is pricelss! JIM>

heres a little muley buck i took 6 or so years ago.... smallest buck (body wise) ive ever seen..... talk about genetics! really wish ida let this one live!

post-63-1171933264.jpg

post-63-1171933295.jpg

Wish I could say that some of those antlers were mine, some are/were and some were my friend Alan's. I'm a picture junkie and I take LOTS every year at his house.

This rack is mine and is one of the CRAZIEST elk racks I've ever seen!

post-3-1171949081_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171949160_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171949104_thumb.jpg

WOW, Josh....I bet that skull is even more impressive in person, that's insane growth around them bases!

I'm dang near out of my freak/strange stuff in my little collection........BUT.....I did find this photo! This pic documents some true "Freaks of the Woods"!

11111.jpg

And.........Here is "Freaky in the Woods"! :ph34r: Jorge G.

( under 18 not allowed )

gettiniton.jpg