Sign in to follow this  
AZCOU3SHUNTER

1 day to hunt

I usually go down south to hunt. And I have 1 day to hunt tomorrow because of work and school. I live in ahwatukee and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could go that's close for a day trip.

Thank you,

Tj

What is access like? Will I need to bring my ranger or can I park and hike in easily?

I think 21 has good access around the Mazatzal wilderness area. The couple of roads I've been on that lead into the trailheads were very easily passable for passenger cars, but it's been a couple years. From the trail heads, there's plenty of easy foot access in the rolling lower hills surrounding the actual wilderness area. I've not hunted there, but I've done 3 or 4 backpacking trips in the Mazatzal and found deer and a couple little sheds. I've also seen a couple herds of javis in the foothills leading up to the W.A. It's good glassing country, and not to far of a drive from the Valley of the Scum.

I always called them MADASHELLS - mainly because a few trips proved they are rugged and unless you are prepared ,anything and sometimes everything goes wrong and I get - mad as hheell

yes they are in 22- lol the verde is the boundary - all of the mtn range is in 22!!

for a day trip try MT.ORD

• Like 1

I always called them MADASHELL - mainly because a few trips proved they are rugged and unless you are prepared ,anything and sometimes everything goes wrong and I get - mad as hheell

yes they are in 22- lol the verde is the boundary - all of the mtn range is in 22!!

wilderness west of the verde north of horseshoe

Some of you fellers are lost...

not me . You just gotta look at a map. Its south of the pine mountian wilderness. Maybe I have a bad map?

If you're talking about the wilderness 5guys is correct. The actual boundary of the mountain range is a different story. post-3844-0-58751900-1409870990_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My bad, 22 IS where I was thinking of! East side of the Mazatzal, good glassing country. I don't know about the Madashell part though, those hills are nice & gentle compared to some of the other crap I've pulled deer out of. ;)