Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Phone Camera Digiscope Adapter

I got this great idea for a Digiscope adapter from DesertBull and modified it a bit for my Samsung Galaxy S3. All it cost was $2.39 for the couplings (sold together) at Home Depot and a little hot glue. You'll note that I hot glued the white female coupling to an extra phone case that I can easily slip my phone into. The reason I went with the two piece is because it allows me to buy different size black male couplings (also sold at Home Depot) and screw them into the attached white piece to hopefully allow me to use this with my binos. This particular 1.5" black piece fits perfect over my Vortex Viper 15-45 x 65 scope. I'm happy with the results but have an idea for modification/improvement:

• You'll notice that the picture zoomed all the way in on the pine cone is smaller than the rest. This is because of the distance from the phonecam lens to the scope lens. Using a piece(s) that minimizes the space between the two lenses should result is a larger frame and perhaps clearer picture. I might try another version of this adapter and eliminate the white female piece, and use only a short 1.5" piece to bring the lenses together.
post-6408-0-79661900-1410140500_thumb.jpg

post-6408-0-62415900-1410140733_thumb.jpg

post-6408-0-55352100-1410140699_thumb.jpg

The pictures below are of the pine tree poking up in the middle of the frame (about 150 yards out)

post-6408-0-11080100-1410140779_thumb.jpg

post-6408-0-12176700-1410140832_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Is the android camera on your galaxy similar to an iPhone? The camera on my iPhone 3 is on the extreme top right side. I've been wondering how to make it centered on my binos without having to hold it and steadily adjust it by hand

Pretty cool, now get out there and find some big bulls to show us! :)

• Like 1

I have also made an adapter for my galaxy and razor compact spotter. The phone camera needs to be as close as possible to the lens of your scope when zoomed in. I made mine out of 2" pvc plug, Felt, 3 screws, and a cheap phone case.