GRONG

elk shed huntin.......

Went on a hefty shed hunting trip and found some cool stuff that I thought you all might enjoy. I posted them on monstermuleys.com so here's the links.

This first link started it off last week.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID18/2776.html

This one was from yesterday.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID18/2781.html

Dam......those are some hard earned sheds! Loved the story and the "A.I.L." pic's! I have a question though, I have found areas similar where there was alot of old and older sheds and nothing from the previous year and I know there could be a ton of reasons, but what's your thoughts on this? Thanks, JIM>

I think it's kinda random Jim. Some years they're there and some they are not. Or maybe if they're there they coulda walked a 1/2 mile somewhere else and shed there you know. It's nothing for an elk to wander off quite a distance away since they got nothing better to do anyway. I quit trying to figure out why elk do what they do years ago cause it just frustrated the pants off of me, I just hike and do what I can I guess.

Totally Awesome Josh! Way to get our blood pumping on some great shed hunting. Any chance you've seen any sheds from this year.

By the way thanks for the Shed Freak Video, the kids and I both enjoyed it.

Phil

Great work on those sheds Josh, they definitely were well deserved! I plan on heading out in the next few weeks myself, hope i get lucky. Thanks again for the pics.

Very cool Josh, thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

You know how usually pictures never seem to convey just how steep the terrain really is?

Well in your pics the terrain looks nearly vertical so that must have been a heck of a hike!

I guess my question is. Josh how much do i need to pay you to hike down there and get me some horns. :lol:

Totally Awesome Josh! Way to get our blood pumping on some great shed hunting. Any chance you've seen any sheds from this year.

By the way thanks for the Shed Freak Video, the kids and I both enjoyed it.

Phil

Phil, you're more than welcome!! Great meeting you!

Very cool Josh, thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

You know how usually pictures never seem to convey just how steep the terrain really is?

Well in your pics the terrain looks nearly vertical so that must have been a heck of a hike!

No problem man, it was a cool experience that I figured a few on here would appreciate. You're totally right about the pics not really being possible to show the true steepness. It was nuts! It was steep enough that you could hardly stand in one spot without sliding constantly. I just had to keep on keepin on.

Guided shed hunts?!?!?! Then all you guys would know where I tromp around from time to time and steal all my spots! A while back I found over 20 bulls wintering in one of my favorite shed hunting areas so hopefully if everyone leaves the bulls alone there should be a good pile of brown bone to look for! Hope I get time to pound the brush like I'd like to this spring.

I think it's kinda random Jim. Some years they're there and some they are not. Or maybe if they're there they coulda walked a 1/2 mile somewhere else and shed there you know. It's nothing for an elk to wander off quite a distance away since they got nothing better to do anyway. I quit trying to figure out why elk do what they do years ago cause it just frustrated the pants off of me, I just hike and do what I can I guess.

Thanks Josh. I can't wait to see what you find this season, keep the pic's and stories coming! JIM>

hey nice story there josh and pics too, reminds me of our type of shed hunting here on the rez, ridge to ridge, canyon to canyon, gotta leave someone on the other side to shout you directions, but of course we natives gotten a lil' more advance with the 2way's now haha, no more sore throat! hopefully i'll get to get out more often this year, last year i only made it out like twice, today i seen a guy with a rack at Barlow Pass on the rim, he picked up a shed from last year, lil' 5pt, also seen 3 bulls and a lion in the area too, good luck this year and hope u and i both pull out some big ones!

DAN

Hey Josh great pics. I sure do hope your dad can find me a cat someplace that is a little flatter than that terrain. :lol:

OK, you guys think your so cool finding all that BIG bone,

glassing up big 300" + bulls across a canyon,

walkin around the woods triping over 100" + deer

HOW could you miss them????

Any fool with binos and legs can do that

I Dare any of you to try to find sheds like I do

:angry:

<_<

:huh:

:rolleyes:

:D

:lol: