Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Hunting license

i have a question about the new system of license,

i still have the calendar year license until december 31st but if i want to put in for javelina and turkey do i have to buy a new license? if so i will still have 3 months left on this license and if i want to put in for elk next year, the license will expire before the late hunt, so do i have to get another license?

this is a little confusing.

please if anybody knows can explain.

When you buy a new license I believe that you can choose a start date with that license. So if you purchase next years license today, then you should be able to choose to make that license active beginning January 1st or whenever you'd like next year. I could be wrong but that's the way I understood it.

• Like 1

You can apply for you 2015 spring hunts with your 2014 license without a problem. But yes, if you do get drawn for the 2015 hunts, you will need to buy a license before your hunt begins. When you buy a 2015 license online you are able to pick the date that you wish for the license to become active. Pretty much everyone is off sequence i believe because they purchased their 2014 license for either the elk, deer or pronghorn draw. If you buy a 2015 license for when your 2015 hunt begins, you will be back on sequence and never have to worry about it again. Or just buy a Pioneer license and get it over with lol, its way easier that way.

• Like 2

You can apply for you 2015 spring hunts with your 2014 license without a problem. But yes, if you do get drawn for the 2015 hunts, you will need to buy a license before your hunt begins. When you buy a 2015 license online you are able to pick the date that you wish for the license to become active. Pretty much everyone is off sequence i believe because they purchased their 2014 license for either the elk, deer or pronghorn draw. If you buy a 2015 license for when your 2015 hunt begins, you will be back on sequence and never have to worry about it again. Or just buy a Pioneer license and get it over with lol, its way easier that way.

got it, thank you very helpful.

Pioneer license is free, lifetime license is what's costs big bucks (depending on age)

yes pioneer license is free but i don't qualify and the lifetime until 62 years old is $550.00 after 62 is $296.00

lots of difference, have to wait a few years.

Okay guys don't think you can go on there and have a license start at any date you want. You only can have it start UP TO 60 days from the date you pay. Just apply for the hunt with the license you have then when your license expires buy a new one.

• Like 1