Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Forest service officer shooting

A good friend of mine was hunting in his tree stand behind a tank in 6a(bull tag) when a group of drunks pulled up and started unloading AK's and other high powered rifles into the dam he was behind.He had to bail out of his stand and call LE. LE showed up and then told my friend that the men were to drunk to drive and they had children so they could not tell them to leave. After they left the drunk idiots harassed my friends camp firing off rounds around it at night. He packed camp and left. Returned mid week and the men returned Friday and harassed him again.they claimed to be hunters but they didn't get drawn so they didn't care.

Sounds about like some guys I had dealings with in 11m.. firing big guns 100 yards from my camp and when I yelled and honked horn they replied by shooting bigger and louder guns. called sheriff which never came! sure is gr8 how we all have to camp together now. :(

HuntHarder, your Pro wounding Elk comment hurts all hunters. We as hunters need to take ethical shots and quit wounding so May elk. Practice practice practice.

You should change your signature to:

Wound Em' Pro Staff

I hear of more rifle hunters shooting 600 yards and not even going to look for blood than I do of archers who make a bad shot not looking for their animal.

• Like 3

Guest wdenike

Im glad the officer is okay!

no doubt! Have they always carried firearms

No. But now they are in the process of getting BLACK HAWKS, and millions of rounds of ammunition. They are really in the trenches!!! :D :D :D :D

Take care, Willie

Interesting...typical CW.com thread... and Sad...

The LEO is a good man...and a level headed one, a man with a family who loves him and Cares for HIS safety. I have known this LEO pretty much his whole life and he does not deserve the bashing just for wearing a uniform and doing a job. Maybe we should let the FBI do their job and then let them release the findings... This isn't Bengazi folks it is Coconino NF and this is a guy that many in my community Call, "Friend". Chill out... and as for the Archery vs. Rifle hunter bashing.... GROW UP!!!

Dam Disappointing...

• Like 23

+1 on the LEO support. People need facts before starting the second guessing.

• Like 1

The LEO is a good man...and a level headed one, a man with a family who loves him and Cares for HIS safety. I have known this LEO pretty much his whole life and he does not deserve the bashing just for wearing a uniform and doing a job. Maybe we should let the FBI do their job and then let them release the findings... This isn't Bengazi folks it is Coconino NF and this is a guy that many in my community Call, "Friend". Chill out... and as for the Archery vs. Rifle hunter bashing.... GROW UP!!!

Dam Disappointing...

The thread was started to clarify the rumors being spread. It was quite interesting hearing all the different rumors...most were about a game and fish officer killing a hunter or vice versa.

Thanks for your input...

Short but sweet Gino, well said.

It is extremely easy for people who do not wear a/the uniform to Monday morning quarter back.

Fyi i have worn "the" uniform. The thread was started to clarify rumors which the thread was successful in doing! Glad it was resolved... and quickly.

Dam Disappointing...

Sorry about that when that goofball started dropping the negative archery comments I kinda forgot what thread I was on. :)

Still wondering about what united guns with forestry workers? is it just certain ones? obviously glad this guy was armed cuz seems as if it was very righteous shooting.. but at same time just heard of guns and forestry leo's for 1st time last weekend when another hunter spoke of 3 young buck forestry leo's that were a bit over reactive with him "a hunter with a sidearm" so I was just curious about all this. so when idiots are shooting 100 feet from my camp do I call FORESTRY or SHERIFF??? Kinda sounds as if unlike G & F and Sheriff maybe forestry might actually come take care of the problem?

Forestry leo have had guns since at least the first time i encountered them in 2003.

Hmm guess I never noticed but then again I rarely see anyone out there...