muledeerarea33?

How go you all cook venison roast

Brine for 5-7 days in salt water and spices (corned as previously mentioned) then braise in beef broth and wine. I always inject with olive oil too.

Boom!

Brine for 5-7 days in salt water and spices (corned as previously mentioned) then braise in beef broth and wine. I always inject with olive oil too.

Boom!

I've done that several times and we always love it. I need a meat slicer to turn it into pastrami or corned beef slices! I've tried to thin cut it for deli meat but its not thin enough, great tasting, just not as thin as I like.

Olive oil, bacon cut up, Brown sugar, vegetables and 2 packs of brown gravy mix in crockpot for 10 hours.....shred the meat at about 8 hours ..... Serve over rolls with cheese.. enjoy

• Like 2

What I do with my roast, which could be a large cut of back strap. First I put my special blend of seasoning and pan sear in olive oil, then place in a loaf pan with 1/2 cup of water seal with plastic film and tin foil and cook at 300 for 12 to 20 minutes (depending on size) serve with what sides you want.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/47312-javelina-back-strap/

Last roast I did was injected with apple juice and smoked for an hour ... then covered for most of the rest of the cooking with some apple juice in the pan. Kept it really moist ... and man was it ever tender!!!!

I prefer to dry roast the more tender cuts like the sirloin tip I like to make small cuts the meat and stuff in some pieces of peeled garlic cook until medium rare and serve with a mushroom gravy. The tougher cuts I will put in the crockpot with some sliced onions then remove the meat and shred it then put back in the juices. the shredded meat can be used to make tacos, burros, enchiladas or even BBQ sandwiches .