Sign in to follow this  
RayGonzales

Unit 10 December Cow Hunt

I've never hunted Unit 10 before. I was out scouting a couple weeks ago and would like to stay in the southeast area near Williams. Found some great areas in the Perrin Ranch area near the windmills and was also told locally that the pipeline road area was a good area. Both areas look great, however, are very different. Unfortunately work and family is not giving us a chance to get back to our area before the hunt. Does anybody have any insight where we should start hunting come December?

Agreed, we will definitely put in the work. Although there are a lot of roads in the area, we will be hiking and getting away from the roads. Glassing the junipers is what I was thinking. I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight. Thanks.

Lots o tags and not a lot of elk like there used to be. Walk off one of the three roads on perrins and you should do alright. North of Espee rd is best. Good luck and work hard as there is a reason the hunt averages only % 30 kill.

lots and lots and lots of cow tags - every year

much harder to find but hey they say theres a lot of bulls

good luck on your hunt -

we had that hunt back in '06... doesn't sound like much has changed. we seen guys trolling back and forth down the pipeline

As expected, a ton of road hunters, however, we found a nice canyon to glass in the south eastern part of Perrin Ranch. We glassed out a nice herd of about 10 cows and were able to harvest 2 out of it. It was a fun and enjoyable hunt.

• Like 1

Glad you were able to harvest a couple of cow elk on your hunt.

a nice herd is usually 40-50 cows in that area but in 10 it's a big herd nowadays

What no pictures? LOL Congrats on the hunt. How many tags did your party have? That is usually a pretty cold hunt, I know I've had it before and in that general area.

• Like 1