DSC_0114.jpg

I thought that you all might like to see this. Last night I did a bronze pour at the foundry. This is me (on the left) I was pouring my latest bronze sculpture. Anyway, this is somthing you don't see every day. I will be finished with the peice in a few weeks. It is a bust of a (GULP) :unsure: , m m ma m mule d dd d deer. Well, I guess you can see where "foundry man" came from......

DSC_0115-1.jpg

The only thing that compares to hot bronze, is a hot gut pile! :D >>Jason

I'll show you all this peice when it's finished. I'll try and round up some picts of other stuff I've done. I've given alot of it away, and sold a few. But, it's fun. Here is another cool picture.

DSC_0123.jpg

Cool, Ah, I mean Hot. No I mean thats cool. :blink:

Looking forward to more pics.

Maybe you could do a coues for nexts year buck contest :rolleyes:

Mike

That is awesome man. Keep up the good work. How much would it cost for a coues statue? I am interested in purchasing one.

Younghunter, thanks man. Well, my dream in life would be to sculpt for my living. I am just now getting to point where I feel comfortable showing my work to people (other than my mom :P ). Alot of hunters out there enjoy wildlife art. Maybe it would be cool for me to do a "coues" peice, and post pictures as I progress along the process. Members of this board could give me constructive critisim, and maybe I could end up with a sweet sculpture. I would be very open to doing a peice for the buck contest too. The foundry is in Silver City, New Mexico at Western NM University. I am a fine art major.

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

Awesome pics.....I would love to see the whole process from start to finish....I know there is alot more to it than poeple think! I used to have a huge desire to learn how to do bronzes, but there were no classes offered when I was in college....at least for the short time I attempted college :ph34r: I stuck with the art stuff and lost interest because of how "computerized" most art stuff had become back then and the lack of "hands-on" skill involved. At least the computers haven't taken over sculpting.......yet! JIM>

Nice job- I've seen that ugly mug somewhere....seems like everytime I saw you last year was at a funeral. :unsure: Glad to see you back something you love. I'd love to see some finished pics.

Keep us in mind with your writing also.. I have always enjoyed your work.

Houston

Whats the deal with the whimpy jackets? :rolleyes: I need one of those to work on windshields this summer. Make sure you show us some finished pics. I love those bronzes, but they are so expensive. David

Let me just say this man is a true artist, I have personally seen his work and can asure you that it is awesome! Keep pooring that hot liquid F.M. and you will be living that dream beofre you know it. Every hunter needs some wildlife art around the house or trophy room to blend in with the taxidermy.