coueshunter

Jim White Tripler-Review

I will be reviewing the tripler here in the next few weeks. From what I have been told they are much easier/quicker to put on the bino's and are much brighter than the Swaro doubler. Once I have used it, I will let you know how it works...........Thanks...............Allen Taylor.........

Thanks...I sure didn't like the doubler and would love to hear feedback about the tripler. If you get a chance I'd like to see some pics on how it couples over the eypiece etc...

I am thinking very hard of getting this set up so i look forward to your write up on the trippler. I would also like for you to take it to a binocular shop and put it on a few brands to see if it fits on most of them. I would like to see them on a pair of the monarchs.

I am looking forward to it as well. I have a couple of the doublers and I think they are worthless. I tried using two on my 15's to make them into 30's and it doesnt work. Using just the doubler took too much time and its clarity wasnt/isnt very good so I hardly use it. If this Tripler works good, it will be a great item. In talking with Jim, he has tried it on many different brands and has had it fit on most brands/sizes etc. I believe this product will be in the stores real soon and advertised in Western Optics Hunter. The retail price is right around $250.00 so buying it here at $242.00 is a good deal. Hopefully I recieve the tripler in the next couple of days and it proves to be all I have heard it is..............................Allen Taylor........

I look forward to your review Allen! I used the tripler and think it's very good. Much better than the swaro doubler. I put it on my swaro 15s and my zeiss 10x's and it worked on both. It is made to fit on just about any bino. I really can't imagine anyone not likely this product. It will never take the place of a full size spotting scope, but it's excellent as a small, lightweight option to give you extra power from your binos.

Amanda

Allen,

If you could, borrow a variety of spotters and a resolution chart for comparison in daylight and twilight. I would imagine that the tripler will suffer in low light conditions, but curious as to how much when looking into the shaded side of the mountain in the morning or evening.

Doug~RR

Doug,

How about I send you a tripler to test out? I am sending one to Desertbull too and so we should have three good reviews up here.

Also, again, I would like to say that the tripler is not a spotting scope and I don't consider it to replace the value of having a spotting scope. It's an alternative to a spotting scope. The image size and light transmission aren't comparable to a high-end spotting scope. The value of the JW tripler comes for those that don't want to pay for or lug around a full-size spotting scope, but want a way to get a little more power from their binos. If you are looking to cut wait for a backpack hunt, this is a great way to do it. Perhaps if Allen (or Jeff or Doug) has access to a swaro doubler, he could do a comparison between the doubler and tripler.

I think what really needs to be in an evaluation is to go out and find a buck and then see if the tripler gives you enough detail to help you decide if you want to hike over there to kill it. I think you will find the tripler will work best on bucks that are less than 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away. Whereas a full-size spotter will give you the ability to evaluate bucks farther away.

But I haven't done a full evaluation of the tripler since I ended up giving mine away to the guide in Mexico. I really look forward to seeing what you guys think of it.

Amanda

Hey, what about me??? :(

j/k

I was thinking the same thing :P

Send us all one Amanda :lol:

Freeloaders......... <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P ;)

Anyone sending me $250 can have one! :D

I figure three reviewers is enough for now. Doug, Allen and Jeff have been supporting this website for a long time and they are also well qualified to do the reviews. Sorry I can't send out one to everyone. But keep in mind that anything you buy from me can be returned for a refund if you don't like it (assuming it's still in great condition). So that is essentially like having a policy where people can try anything out and decide if they like it enough to keep it.

Amanda

I have my 250.00 setting in my wallet waiting to get one. I was going to place an order for one anyways but i am going to see what is said about them. I think that three people will give us a good look at what is thought about them. I guess four with Amanda saying she likes it as well. IT will be replacing my spotter as i will not pack a spotter any longer in my pack. I sold my spotter when i saw this product on the market. I am all about less weight.

Could a tripler be use on a spoting scope.

I think it can be. I tried it once on my scope but the buck moved out of view so I didn't get to try it out very long. Need to test it out again.

And just an FYI - there are two binocular models for the which the tripler won't work and those are:

the Minox 15x58 (the plastic eyepiece is too big)

and Leica 15x56 Geovids (this model has built in rangefinder)

The tripler will work with all other Minox and Leicas (including the 8x42 Geovid and Duovids).

Unfortunately I found out Desertbull uses the Minox 15x58's and so he won't be able to do a review for us.....Sorry Jeff!

Amanda