Sign in to follow this  
shuller70

looking for 25-06 stuff

Like the title say I am looking for some 25-06 stuff brads and bullet's and dies Thanks

Sounds good Thanks. I found some dies so some brass and maybe some light weight bullets if any one want to part with?

I have 2 boxes of what looks like once fired brass that you can have. Send me your mailing address in a PM and I will ship them to you.

• Like 1

I plan on shooting coyotes with it maybe make it a close range deer gun depending on how it shoots

Why just a "close range" deer rifle? These are a hammer on even the big mulies out to 700-800 yards if they shoot well and hit where you want them to.

Three weeks ago, I was shooting 1350+ yards with my .25-06 Ackley with regular .25-06 Rem fire firming loads. Very accurately I might add. And hit hard enough to hear the "whack" on impact.

I am sure a few others will chime in on their love for the .25-06 too.

• Like 2

Yeah good round but when you compare to a 280 Ai and I am shooting a 150 grain bullet the same speed or faster as 25-06 117 just not my cup of tea when I have better blastics with the 280 ai. So that is what my option on it the energy retention is just not there from the 25-06.

But I like the fact that I could shoot under 80 grains and getting as fast my 22-250. Shot that is what I am kinda leaning to

It will SMOKE coyotes. I used to run 85gr. Nosler Varmint BTs in mine for coyotes. I also tried some 75gr. Sierra Varminters.

Just load some 115gr Berger VLDs and you will have a great backup deer rifle for your hunts. You won't be sorry.

Thanks that is kinda that plan is to smoke the dogs with and if I need a back for my 280 ai I will have one Thanks again

Why just a "close range" deer rifle? These are a hammer on even the big mulies out to 700-800 yards if they shoot well and hit where you want them to.Three weeks ago, I was shooting 1350+ yards with my .25-06 Ackley with regular .25-06 Rem fire firming loads. Very accurately I might add. And hit hard enough to hear the "whack" on impact.I am sure a few others will chime in on their love for the .25-06 too.

This. I shoot Winchester 120gr positive expanding points that like some distance before expanding. Shot a small muley a few years back at about 60 yards and the bullets went too fast to open up good. The deer in my avatar was de-lunged at 300 yards. Looked like it was shot by that shoulder laser on The Predator.