GhostTracker180

Snake Boots

So, just wondering, I'm a snake boot person. Who else wears snake boots in early seasons? I even wear them in the winter, helps against cactus. Currently using the new cabelas. They are comfortable. What is your favorite brand?

I bought a pair of Cabela's brand snake boots some years ago. About $120 back then. They go all the way up the shin. I use them in the southern units, and they are great for cactus, and thorns. Fortunately.....they have never had to repel a snake yet, and I hope they never do.

I haven't had mine struck at yet, either. But, had a few close calls over the years, especially on bear and quail hunts. Good insurance policy for the one I don't see!

I use snake boots in the early season. I have a pair of Rocky's, and hope I don't ever have to find out if they work!!!

I think mine are Rockys. Theyre heavy Cordora and pretty comfortable, but I usually just wear leather boots. Snake boots sure give you confidence is tall grass that's spooky to walk through otherwise.

I wear my normal leather boots with a pair of turtle skin gaitors. They are very lightweight and not cumbersome like full length snake boots. I have yet to actually test them, and I hope I never have to.

I have the danner pronghorn ones and they are surprisingly comfortable and go almost to my knee. Almost used them on last years dove hunt didn't see or hear the snake just saw the flash, luckily he missed