PRDATR

Will we lose Oak Flat Campground to Mining?

Obama was going to give a $3000 credit to any business that hires an amnesty illegal with a work permits.

Jobs are great. Just depends on who they give them too. The state and the Fed's get their tax revenue which they will blow anyway.

So now we are going to blame the Obama administration's horrible policies on corporations participating in our economy? Are we supposed to bring all economic growth to a standstill because any new jobs could potentially go an illegal immigrant? Seems pretty foolish to me.

Obama was going to give a $3000 credit to any business that hires an amnesty illegal with a work permits.

Jobs are great. Just depends on who they give them too. The state and the Fed's get their tax revenue which they will blow anyway.

So now we are going to blame the Obama administration's horrible policies on corporations participating in our economy? Are we supposed to bring all economic growth to a standstill because any new jobs could potentially go an illegal immigrant? Seems pretty foolish to me.

A foreign company hiring illegal immigrants, where a good portion of the money is sent overseas, and a portion of the paychecks back to the families of the illegal immigrant in a foreign country.

There is not much economic growth, if the money doesn't stay in the country.

Ask an economist how this works. You will be enlightened.

A foreign company hiring illegal immigrants, where a good portion of the money is sent overseas, and a portion of the paychecks back to the families of the illegal immigrant in a foreign country.

There is not much economic growth, if the money doesn't stay in the country.

Ask an economist how this works. You will be enlightened.

Economics was one of my favorite areas of study in college. Ask 5 economists and you will get 5 different answers.

I would much rather a US based company be mining it but the reality is that Rio Tinto/BHP are not gonna give up the project. Also I have a hard time believing that a majority or a large portion of these jobs will go to illegal immigrants. Once again, stopping all economic growth because of the fear of illegals taking jobs and money going overseas is economic suicide.

Now to take into consideration the jobs that do go to illegal immigrants, they are still buying groceries, fuel, cars, clothing, paying for housing, etc. That still pushes money into our economy, granted there is some leaving the country but the majority is staying here.

You can thank our "Dictator in Chief" for any economic suicide. His hatred of small business, and Capitalism, has sparked thousands of new policies that further strangulates economic growth. Especially with the EPA in his back pocket.

If you were a Mining businessman. would you.........

A.) Hire an American worker for $20.00 per hour

or

B.) Hire a foreign worker for $10-12.00 Per hour with a $3K, tax credit ( Considering a foreign worker can be exploited for less money)

What choice do you think a Greed based company will make.

Positive economic growth hinges directly on where the money goes.

$120 Billion dollars (2012) was sent to foreign countries by immigrant workers.

I've worked at a dozen mines for 15 years and never worked with an illegal immigrant. What do you do for a living Snapshot?

Snapshot- As far as Rio Tinto and BHP's earnings, sure a lot of it could potentially go out of country. But how much of it will be invested in other projects in the US that will create more jobs and more growth for the US economy?

Okay 120 billion was sent to their families out of country but how much of their earnings went back into our economy. Also I want to clarify that I am completely against hiring illegal immigrants over legal citizens.

You are out of touch, we hire qualified, legal people.

We mine in other countries - it's a global economy. We mine there, they mine here. We ship to China, Chile ships to USA, etc. etc. We import more than we make, but the more we make won't necessarily stay here. Right now we are a net exporter of oil, yet we still import oil.

It's a commodity, and you're preaching economics?? Try reading up on mineral economics...

Import more copper than we make that is. But even if we made 100% of the copper we consume, it will never all stay here. You make contracts with customers - you don't break contracts so you can just sell it to an American. Most of it is paper trade anyway...

Now that is a joke....

And it's no joke that "fair trade" is a progressive concept!

There is a demand for copper. Its here. Mine it. creates good paying long term local jobs. I don't see the problem.

I've worked at a dozen mines for 15 years and never worked with an illegal immigrant. What do you do for a living Snapshot?

That's because Mining Corporations won't hire Illegal Immigrants.

Now that Obama has declared Amnesty, they can be legally hired.

Ctafoya is right, we need it and can and should produce more here....

But our copper may still go to China. it goes to a trading house, and people buy from it as needed. Just because China has the highest demand, doesn't negate the fact that we are a net importer. We can't say American's only! Maybe someday more will stay here, but if we're not making it, that will never happen.

And if you want to talk about rape, every pound of copper mined elsewhere has an infinitely higher cost on the environment and human rights. It's a fact.

I'm not ok with putting the yoke of our environmental burden on the backs of the third world, not when we have the ability to do it cleaner here. Let's not sweep our environmental costs under the third world rug. We lead the way in environmental technologies - if we export mining overseas, who will do the R&D and lead the way? China? hardly...

Guest 300ultramag.

I forsee Superior residents developing lung cancer from this endeavor. tilling all of that crud into the air = no bueno

They should buy out the residence of Superior as well. Turn it into a mining community. than knock it down when there done.

really, this is your reply.... Superior was one of the largest mining towns, until the mine that built that town closed.

Yup- really that's my reply. Do you work at a cancer center too?

i am all for the mining endeavor but it will have negative affects on the community. I say turn it back into the mining town it once was and allow the residents to relocate.

No doctor I don't work at a cancer center....too

The residents can leave at any time, Kearney, Miami, San Manuel are only a few miles away.... you forget they are not forced to say there.....

I know a good number of people that grew up in Superior, all want the mine to open.... in fact many people in the town I grew up in (San Manuel) want the mine to open for a good job

So are you agreeing with me? I am for the town being a mining town... but give the people who arent some $$ to relocate. IE an elderly retiree on a fixed income that is in poor health.

Not sure what is being discussed here- I am for the mine. I think $$$ could do the town some good.Hopefully it will thrive. My point is I am certain there are a few that will be affected by this land trade that are in poor health and dont have the gold coins to leave.

Maybe so, but that was just a month or so ago. This deal has been in the works for many years now.

And we do hire legal immigrants, I work with Mexicans, Japanese, Africans, Canadians because so few Americans are now qualified.

And you know what, they make just as much as I do, live in nice homes, buy products, support or economy etc. They're not paid less.

We can't hire people who can't communicate well, it's too much of a liability. Hardly any of our labor pool are foreign born, unless they are fluent in written/spoken English. Go visit a mine Pard!