TREESTANDMAN

TRAIL CAMERAS ARE ILLEGAL!!!!

The question is who do you turn them in to, I suppose you could make a citizens arrest. I don't think that would work either because you still have to turn them in to somebody. What you do is take pictures of them with their cameras and then if you ever get busted you can say that they said you could and that they do it too, and you have evidence to prove it. The worst part about that is it sounds alot like work, maybe fun, but still work.

The words "his forest" were my words not his. I was simply implying the forest over which he presides as district ranger which happens to be a forest with no entry fees, not even a campground fee on the whole forest. He is a good friend and a heck of a hunter and has used his trailcam to scout for some of my hunts. I owe some of my hunting skills to him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he does't compare to some of the government officials previously mentioned in this topic and that he is a "good guy" in an agency that isn't popular with many hunters, so no, I won't be turning him in but I may have him go to bat for me if I ever do get in trouble for a trail cam some where else.

Brian

I was just kiddin with the "turn 'em in" remarks. My humor is so weird that nobody thinks I'm funny, including my family, NOBODY! except... maybe...Lark.

I hang out with authority figures all the time; Forest Service, Game and Fish, prosecuters, Pastors, counsolers, and my wife! Never used to, but since I quit being a drunk and using drugs, I've been making friends with the strangest people. Most cops are ok. Some are screwed up. That's why we should report the one's that overstep their authority. If you have a run in, and don't have the courage to report it, maybe it's just you and your own issues with authority. We are paying these people to do their job. Personally, I like it when a wildlife manager has a sense of ownership with his unit. If his head's in the right place this can only make it better for everybody.

Mike

It's the fee thing that set you off Josh. I have to agree with you about that and a lot of other things the FS has done with camping at the lakes etc.

Mike