TREESTANDMAN

TRAIL CAMERAS ARE ILLEGAL!!!!

Bo is the one threatening to cite me for $500. He also told me he is going to confiscate the camera and take the film. Do you guys think that is legal for him to do w/out permission? After all it is not his property.

while this seems pretty stupid, it doesn't surprise me. there are some real stout laws about surveilance cameras and taking folks photos without em knowing it. i'd be that this falls under something like that. even tho that ain't why the camera is there, there is always a possibility of some marijuana farmer walkin' along and his civil rights gettin' violated by some poor dude's camera. be interesting to see how this plays out. good luck. Lark.

I think we all could call and give a remote gps coordinates and ask if it ok to use our camera there, and then when he says its illegal, we should just say we will go get it, let him go if he wants to because there wouldn't be a camera there to begin with, no evidence no fine.

Edited by KGAINES

Treestandman

he is not going to go get it at all. like Dimondback said most of them don't get out and hoof it through the hills. I would just give it some time and go get it in a while.

unless yours is the one not far off the road by a waterhole and some salt. I know Two cameras that I have seen are that way in that area. even then let him go get it and do what ever he wants with it .You can say if it wasnt for the fire and the roads being closed it would not have been there that long.

another fine example of the forest circus and their ever growing desire to have control of everything. their goal is for there to be nothing in the forest but trees and treehuggers.

Treestandman

You best be carefull with that Bo Acosta dude. Sounds like he may be trying to pin a lot more on you!

I can see it now, we will be paying permit fees and fines for the Cause and effect of the willow wildfire.

Maybe he thinks the Fire was started when your camera flash was reflected off of the morning dew on a rock near the camera, and the relection was bounced off the bottom of a nearby empty Bud Light Can. then it reflected into a passing deer's eyes and caused him to flee the area which in turn he started a small rockslide. Several of the rocks smashed together and sparked the wildfire.

We better start the legal fund collection now! :P

I just talked to a high authority in National forest law enforcement and he says that according to him, having a trail camera on national forest is not violating any laws. He will be talking to Bo Acosta and setting things straight. What a relief. I guess it was just a different interpretation of the law.

Now your last sentance is exactly what I have been talking about in all my other posts above. "Interpretation of the law". You can see it has caused you more trouble than you wanted to deal with.

If they get anymore contol to Interperet there laws the way they want to we could get in trouble for things that are not wrong. Then if you can aford it you can fight it . If you cant then you pay the fee.

I am glad you have got it taken care of. I hope the guy gets a butt chewing. But then it will just be one more greenie that has it out for you in that area.

In three years those guys probably won?t be there. Most of the people who work for the Forest Service are not from Arizona, especially the administrative types such as Supervisors and District Rangers. These people come in, they don?t know the land, they don?t know the people, and they don?t know the culture of the community. They come in and make decisions and changes that affect the people in the community around them. Then they leave and we have to live with their mistakes. There is no leadership training for these guys; they are bureaucrats that have moved from one place to another. Glad you got that taken care of.

Guest Ernesto C

I know every where there some people that....... well I'll try to make a long story short.

Two years ago while hunting,one of my brothers got a citation from a USFWS agent fon not having a proff of insurance in his truck.My brother did had insurance he just did not had it with him at that moment.

But we notice this kid (cause he was about 21 or 22 years old) that the way he walk and talk to us that he wanted to give somebody a citation really bad,we can see he had a head so big that will not fit in the bigest door you had ever seen,he was so arrogant and proud of carrying a badge and a gun,he act like if he own the world.

My brothert show up to court but the agent never turn in any paper work so the case was dismissed.

Thanks to that agent my brother loose one day at work.

I agree completly with diamonbackaz.

since the forest circus started their "enforcement" program it's become a real farce. i know a guy that got a speeding ticket on a state highway from a forest circus cop, by nutrioso. same treepig was giving speeding tickets to folks driving too fast in the big lake campgrounds. actually had a radar gun set up. couple cow punchers i know were bs'ing on the side of the road, a dirt road, and the same jerkoff drove up and was gonna give em a ticket for being parked too close to the road. from what i've gathered, the "enforcement" folks in the forest circus are from under the barrel. real control freaks who want to use a heavy hand with everyone. typical cops who think everyone is a criminal, they just haven't all been caught yet. one of the "cops" out of the springerville office got busted for poaching when he was in high school. don't make much sense to me. but then i've always had a skewed sense of right and wrong. they'll end up cappin' somebody over something stupid one o' these days. there are real crimes that go on everyday. real criminals who are a real detriment to the world are committing them. but those guys scare the treepigs and they wanna spend their time bustin' guys with "cameras". oooo, a trail camera. best call in the fbi. glad you got it rectified. but i guarantee they'll figger some other way to be stupid. they always do. unless you're a treehugger. they like those guys.

270- Please tread lightly when you began bashing the law enforcement community. Like any profession, there are some jerks, and we have our share in law enforcement. unfortunately, the jerks are the ones that give us a bad name and the ones that most people remember. Don't be too quick to jump on them about enforcing policies that are coming from levels way above theirs. Chances are the street (or forest level) guys are getting their chops busted by a bean counter in Washington D.C. and we all know what a zoo that is. These guys have to follow directives just like anyone would in any given profession. So please try not to lump all of us into the pond scum category. I have been in law enforcement for almost 17 years and there are a lot of great folks doing a very difficult job. Best of luck on your hunts and be safe.

trufletch

270, Although I am not an LEO, but I wear the same green uniform in the summer time. They just have a different badge and wear a gun. Trufletch and AZGuide are correct in saying that it is the individual that makes those kinds of decisons on how they want to deal with the public. It is true that common courtesy and common sense has been lost to some people, but not all have lost it.