Havasuhunter

16A

Anyone else hunting 16A HAM? Haven't seen any yet, but I'm on really good sign. My biggest discovery was a really nice desert Mule deer yesterday. Got within 50 yards of him. Figures since the Jan season ended a week ago.

Hoping to post up a Javelina pick later, those little guys have been a tough one for me.

We hunted 16A hard on Friday and Saturday. We found one herd on Friday evening that was really skiddish and didn't put up with much. One guy got a 70 yard shot with a patched roundball and was not able to connect. Saturday was a bust. It was really really hot and the moon was way too bright. At least that's what I'm chalking it up to. I'm going to see if I can make it out again next Friday.

• Like 1

I hunted sat, sun and most of today. Not a single siting. Saw lots of sign and other wildlife but no Javelina. I may go one more time before it ends, but I'm pretty worn out right now. Hit it hard.

We hunted 16a for years & the last 3 to 4 years have been terrible!! We gave up on this unit. We archery hunted a new unit this year & saw javelina everyday. I shot mine opening morning & others in our party had numerous attempts, but couldn't get it done. I don't know if its the coyotes or lions wreaking havoc in 16a, but this unit just plain sucks anymore. The deer population is just as bad if not worse!!

Sneaker I saw the archery elk you took in 16a this year Nice bull & I am sure you worked your but off scouting!

I guess I'll focus on the 17s and 18s next year. Living in Havasu makes it tough to get out and scout. Even though I'm in 16a, the decent areas are 1.5 hours away. All we have on this side of the mountains is sheep and burros. There are deer, but not really hunt able populations. At least the bird hunting and fishing is great over here.

What unit do you guys recommend I focus on next year. I'd like to break my archery Javelina Jinx?