CEI

Coyote/Predator Contests are doomed. Why?

Because hunters are 5% of the population and the other 95 are brainwashed by the media.

Great article! It's sad to see something that helps the population and management become illegal. I hope your wrong, but I know your right!

because as the minority you have to cater a little to the majority. Most (majority) people don't like seeing (or hearing about) a large amount of animals being killed and then celebrating over the top of them. I know they definitely don't like hearing about it being done from helicopters as shown on TV. The predators are compared to house dogs and house cats by these same people. I personally understand why these hunts may be needed for control (regardless of prizes/placing), but I don't believe I'd participate in one. It is possible I'm imagining what I've seen or heard in the news which may not be the entire truth. So yes I believe TV/internet can taint most anything to look the way they want and most people may never experience one of the hunts in person.

So I say if large-scale control is truly needed, then we as hunters aren't doing our jobs. I'll keep killing them when I see them :)

• Like 2

Because we as hunters are not organized like our adversaries. It is against our very nature to yell at somebody that they our wrong for what they do, when they are yelling at the top of their lungs we are wrong because we do not agree with them. If we ever organized and tried to take center stage to fight these people on their battlegrounds they would pick an easier target. Sort of a Hunter PAC. A great offense is a good defense.

• Like 2