Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Popularity of Archery!

This article caught my eye today. ( http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/04/06/phoenix-archery-kids-katniss-legolas-merida/25275609/ )

It doesn't really touch on the hunting aspect of archery shooting, but I found it interesting none the less. The influence that pop-culture (Hunger Games, etc...) has on our society is amazing! ;)

S.

:)

^^ Agreed. For better or worse, it's definitely amazing.

I wish the character would have executed on one of her bowhunting scenes, either the deer in the first movie or the elk I heard about in one of the later movies (I only saw the 1st) - followed with a little reflection - could have been a great opportunity to shed some positive light on the reality of hunting.

One of the scenes that I thought might hurt like heal was where Katniss flings the rock with her bow string??? Looked like a great chance to bust a knuckle but hey it is Hollywood right!!!

I think it is great kids getting involved with something besides TV and whatever box that is they play with now days. Kudos to parents taking the time to give them the opportunity to try it out.

^^ Agreed. For better or worse, it's definitely amazing.

I wish the character would have executed on one of her bowhunting scenes, either the deer in the first movie or the elk I heard about in one of the later movies (I only saw the 1st) - followed with a little reflection - could have been a great opportunity to shed some positive light on the reality of hunting.

With my two daughters (15 and 11) I have seen all three movies. The elk in the third movie she draws on it and lets down. She says to Gale something along the lines of "They are not even afraid of us. They have not been hunted in years. Doesn't seem right". Something I thought was going to be very anti-hunting I took as being very pro hunting. Basically you don't shoot fish in a barrel.

• Like 1

Spending evenings at AHQ the last few weeks I see lots more kids in there shooting target archery than any other demographic. Even their new tech is a target archery guy with no hunting experience.

Spending evenings at AHQ the last few weeks I see lots more kids in there shooting target archery than any other demographic. Even their new tech is a target archery guy with no hunting experience.

Same here I've seen kids shooting at Ross quite a few times..