Sign in to follow this  
Huntn coues

5-A Tom and some bone

Well I got out and did some turkey turk hunting this weekend with a couple of good friends of mine

John and Joe.

We started out locating some toms in their roosts on Friday night and slipped in early Saturday morning and

set up. When the toms hit the ground they just did not seem too interested and I don't know if it was our set up

or not :huh: but I could not get em any closer than 60-70 yrds. Anyhow the wind started ripping through

later that day and that made it even more difficult. We tried to locate em later that night but could not hear

anything with the high winds. Early Sunday morning the wind had let up and we were able to locate a tom

and it was on, we dove off the edge in the dark and snuck in and set up and got er done.

Here's Joe and John

post-1274-1177947233_thumb.jpg

My ugly mug

post-1274-1177947209_thumb.jpg

And some BONE

post-1274-1177947253_thumb.jpg

Congrats, thats a good bird.

Those are some nice looking sheds, I have a 5a archery bull tag, and you just got me all wound up. Nice to see some good head gear from that area.

Way to get it done!

Lance

I'm just wondering which one is the turkey? OK OK, I'm only kidding. :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice bird!

Nice bird and bone.... I have the 5A tag that opens this Friday. Were the birds gobbling pretty good or were they henned up?

Nice bird and bone.... I have the 5A tag that opens this Friday. Were the birds gobbling pretty good or were they henned up?

They were pretty much just gobbling from their roosts. It seemed to me that when the toms hit the ground

they shut up and the toms I saw had no hens for the most part.