Sign in to follow this  
azpackhorse

time for a new bow

I am getting close to buying a new bow and was wondering if anyone shoots a Mathews Outback or a Bow Tech? Do you like them?

Right now I am shooting a Mathews Ultra-Max and it has been a good bow for the last 5 years but I am going to replace it with a new one and make it my back up.

I also shoot a Mathews. I've shot most of their bows. If they continue to produce this quality of equipment I don't think I'll shoot anything else.

I shoot a mathews ultra 2. I'm very satisfied. Any bow out there will kill a deer though. They are pretty much all good bows.

Isnt it pretty late to get a new bow? Season starts in 20 days! :D

that isnt much time to get dialed and and start shooting broadheads.

I've been shooting for a month and just got to where i can group 5 arrows in a 3 inch circle at 20 yards. (30 yards is my max) Im gonna start practicing with my muzzys this week.

(btw i shoot a pse set at 45lbs)

Good hunting,

rifle hunting, bow hunting,

fishing, loves the outdoors,

13 year old Grant

I shoot the Mathews MQ1 set at 70lbs and 100 grain spitfires at 274 fps. I really like this bow but I had to buy a new cam for 30 inch draw. The max on the MQ1 is 29 inches. The 30 inch draw should put it up around 286 fps. Really any Mathews bow should shoot great but I feel the Mathews LX is the best right now.

I am in the market for a bow too, I am looking at a PSE firestorm. PSE is made right here in Tucson and they have a proshop right there at the factory. They are located near I-10 and Grant.

I also shoot a mathews LX,and think it's the smoothest bow I ever shot.I recently picked up a PSE firestorm Lite For my girl from the pro shop in Tucson, you should check these guys out they have good prices on all the bows.Thier located on Grant and Fairview. :lol:

Good Hunting :rolleyes:

Any new bow on the top end of the market will be an awsome bow. I recommend shooting as many as possible before deciding. Buying a bow is an investment, and getting one that is comfortable and fits you right is better than getting one for the name alone. It is a little more time consuming but it pays off in the end.

GMM

I picked the new bow tech Mighty Might VFT, and its short, fast, and pretty smooth for its 30 1/2" length. I also shot the Outback and LX, and for the price I think that they are not the best bow that Mathews has come out with, don't get me wrong I also have a Mathew Q2 and it a great bow, but after the Legacy, Mathews bows have not been the same. Bow tech has alot of bows to offer including the smoothes, quietest bow hands down I have ever shot and thats the Liberty, they also have super fast bow like the Patriot VFT, and Extreme VFT. So no offence Grey Hawk but the Mathews Lx, and Out Back are only considered great bows and get 5 stars in all the hunting Mags because of their name.

Kingofcoues

I JUST PURCHASED A BOWTECH JUSTICE VFT. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST BOW I'VE EVER SHOT. IT'S QUIET,FORGIVING AND FAST. I SPENT 2 MONTHS LOOKING AND TRYING OUT DIFFERENT BOWS UNTIL I SHOT THE BOWTECH. IT FELT GREAT AND I WAS COMFORTABLE WITH IT. ANY BOW NOWADAYS IS A GOOD BOW, IT'S A MATTER OF WHICH BOW FEELS THE BEST FOR YOU.

For bowhunting I would recommend a smaller lighter and more compact bow. I do a lot of treestand/blind hunting and the smaller bows are much more manuverable. Also for stalking deer, the smaller the bow, the easier to get close w/out rubbing your bow against a bush etc. I would recommend a mathews sq2 for maximum manuverability/accuracy. The only disadvantage in my opinion is the 70% let off as opposed to the 80%. That feature does allow for a smoother and more forgiving shot. No offense to anyone but it surprises me how many hunters I have seen w/ the mathews conquest or conquest 2. That bow has to be a good 48" long!!!

One thing about shooting a bow with a long axle to axle length is that they are pretty forgiving. :) I shoot a Darton Lightning with a 46in. axle length and 60% letoff and I prefer it over the much shorter bows. I will tell you that it is somewhat of a hinderance when shooting down from a treestand. :(

I agree that bows w/ long axle to axle lengths are more stable and forgiving. For competition you can't beat them.